Radiesse and then Radix Graft?

I am considering a radix graft, but would like to try Radiesse first to see how it will look. Is it possible to do the graft a couple months after the injectable filler if I like the results, or will I have to wait a year for the Radiesse to wear off?

Juvederm is better for the nose

+1

I recommend Juvederm first to treat the area as has less issues if there  is surgery planned later. It is also reversible in the rare case you dislike it. There are cases where surgery was done and the Radiesse made the surgery more difficult.

Radiesse is a good product but I reserve it for cases when no surgery is ever planned, and they understand it cannot be reversed. It seems to hold up slightly longer than Juvederm and a little "stronger" correction.

Davenport Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse and then Radix Graft?

+1

Yes, but you'll have to wait a while.  Radiesse lasts longer than do the HA products (Restylane, Perlane, Juvederm, Belotero); it can last up to two years (though not usually that long).  If you'd like a shorter-lasting filler, and one that can be reversed, consider one of the HAs.  Once you see what you like with that you'd be able to move more quickly (typically within six months or so) to the surgical procedure.  You should, of course, discuss this with the PS who will be doing the actual procedures.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Radix graft

+1

The best advice I could give you would be to pursue a radix graft with a material that can be easily removed. If you are happy with the result, nothing else needs to be done. If you are unhappy with the appearance the graft can be removed. This is better than waiting for Radiesse to be absorbed before pursuing surgery. Placing Radiesse only prolongs the time to surgery and can last up to 2 years on the bridge of the nose.

There are many types of grafts available that can be removed relatively easily if you are unhappy.  A hyaluronic acid filler would be another option, which would last no more than one year.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

Radiesse and then Radix Graft?

+1

Radiesse may last in the nose for 2 years or so.  The best advice for getting the best rhinoplasty result is to wait for complete Radiesse disintegration or absorption.  If I were advising you, I would advise some computer imaging to get an idea and then proceed with rhinoplasty.  The rhinoplasty can be performed closed without any visible scar.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA