Can Radiesse Be Used for a Non-Surgical Nose Job?

I am an african american male with a decent size nose but there are certain aspects of my nose that I would love to change such as the width and thickness of my nose. And the strength of the nasal skeleton I have very flimsy cartilage that I do not want to remove or replace with a graft. I wanted to know if injectable rhinoplasty could make the nose appear much stronger and give the effect of cartilage presence, my skin is not too thick on the nose.

Non-surgical rhinoplasty

+2

Fillers such as Radiesse, Juvederm, or Artefill can be used to build up the bridge of the nose which can create a longer-appearing nose and even a potentially narrower looking bridge (by keeping the filler narrowly distributed along the bridge to create a tighter highlight). Radiesse dissolves over a couple years or more on the dorsum but it can't be forced to dissolve more quickly. For that reason, I often recommend that patients start with Juvederm to try on the look, so to speak. If the patient really disliked it, it can be made to dissolve with an injection of hyaluronidase. If the patient does like the result but wants something more permanent, then that's when Artefill--a permanent filler--can be cautiously used.

As for the tip, it's often impossible to define the tip well with fillers so I rarely use them there. Tip work typically requires a true surgical rhinoplasty.

--DCP

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse for Nasal Augmentation

+2

Radiesse can be used in the upper nose, but I recommend Restylane or Juvederm in the tip. The hyaluronic acid fillers can be reversed if you are not happy with the results.

Radiesse to augment the nose

+2

Radiesse is made of a substance similar to artificial crushed bone. It can be used when injected into the nose to change the contour of the nose and if done well by a physician injector, can help tremendously to those that do not wish to have surgery.

Purvisha Patel, MD
Germantown Dermatologist

Radiesse is very effective for non surgical nose job.

+2

Hi.

I find the term non surgical nose job a little silly.  After all, we are only talking about injecting some fillers.  But, anyway, Radiesse is very useful for injecting DEEPLY, against the nasal bones, for example.  It works very well to make the profile higher, which some Asian patients need.

For superficial injection, we think Juvederm Ultra or Juvederm Ultra Plus is safer.  We use Juvederm for the nasal tip, and to fill in dents and irregularities from previous rhinoplasty complications.

The improvement in shape of the nose with both Radiesse and Juvederm is very long lasting, over two years.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Non-surgical Rhinoplasty

+2

Rhinoplasty is a unique procedure because of the intimate relationship between form and function.  It is imperative that your surgeon think of both how the nose works and how it looks.  The use of fillers, such as Radiesse, should be thought of as a camouflage treatment.  It changes the appearance of the nose, but not the function. 

An artistic physician can give the impression of a stronger, more refined nose, so I think it is certainly possible to achieve your goals.  Choosing a hyaluronic acid is probably a better bet as Radiesse (which is white in color) may show through in areas of thinner skin.  This would be particularly disasterous in Afro-American skin.

Before you decide to proceed, make sure you have someone evaluate the function of the nose.  In a comparison between form and function, function always wins out.  Patients with attractive noses that can't breathe are very unhappy.  As long as the support of your nose is fine, then find an experienced physician to evaluate if they can obtain what you want with filler. 

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse as a filler for the nose

+1

Usually RAdiesse is used to augment the upper part of the nose, the bridge. It is not unusal to use Restylane of Juvederm for the nasal tip. There are some very rare risks including scarring so be sure to discuss this carefully with your doctor.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Radiesse and Non-Surgical Nose Job

+1

Yes, Radiesse is made of calcium hydroxylapatite.  This substance, similar to the mineral found in our bones and teeth, is ideal for a non-surgical nose job.  Small amounts can be injected deeply and deposited on top of the nasal bone to help improve its shape.

- Sometimes, asymmetries can be corrected and areas of cartilage loss or distortion (resulting from trauma or prior nasal surgery) can be imporved by the skillful administration of Radiesse.

In my opinion, the choice of filler (i.e., the person performing the injection is more important than the choice of a particular filler substance).  When considering a non-surgical nose job, try to seek out a physician with a good aesthetic eye, solid reputation and meticulous technique.

Deborah Sarnoff, MD

Radiesse can be used for 'liquid nonsurgical ' nose job

+1
Radiesse can be used to shape the nose. Not every patient ,every nasal shape,or every location on the nose makes for an ideal procedure. A consultation would be essential.

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Radiesse as a non surgical Rhinoplasty

+1

Of course, Radiesse, Perlane, Juvederm or Restylane can all be used to fill in an shape the nose without a Rhinoplasty but remember fillers add more volume, so your nose will technically be bigger, not smaller after using fillers.

May not be a good idea

+1
Filler for the nose work well as a temporary treatment and for patients that need volume. If I recommend fillers, I prefer Juvaderm or Restylane to start with since they are reversible if patient did not like the result

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon