Can Radiess Help a Wide Nose?

My nose is rather wide when I smile, but I also have a famous "Polly beak" tipping. Could radiess help with this?

Radiesse for nose reshaping

Fillers work best on noses that have a hump on profile and can fill in the depression above the bump thereby making the profile more of a straight line. For a wide nose, I can't imagine that any filler would give it a more narrow appearance. The photo you show does not reveal a very wide nose but pictures can be deceiving and if it bothers you terribly, then you would be best suited to see a plastic surgeon in consultation to discuss a rhinoplasty. Good luck.

Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

317 East 34th St
New York, NY 10016

Not a good nose for Radiesse or any filler.

As much as I like fillers such as Radiesse, the concerns you have about your nose are really not ones that can be properly corrected with non-surgical options. An actual surgical rhinoplasty is more likely to be able to address the polly beak and the width.

Good luck,

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

1835 East West Parkway
Fleming Island, FL 32003

Maybe, partially.

You may have a partial improvement that is temporary.  You may want to consider rhinopasty for a more effective and prmanent correction.  Hope this helps.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

2813 W Southlake Blvd
Southlake, TX 76092

A Beautiful Nose "Gets Out of the Way" of the Other Facial Features, It Should Not Dominate the Face

Hola Minnii,

You are a very pretty woman with gorgeous eyes. Your large nose diverts the focus on your face away from your eyes. By refining your nasal tip, and making the rest of your nose "fit" your face, your beautiful eyes will be the central focus of your face.

Radiesse will only make your nose larger and further direct attention toward your nose. A beautiful nose "gets out of the way" of the eyes, and less so other facial features (lips, cheeks).

When you are ready for rhinoplasty, choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

16311 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91436

Rhinoplasty and Radiesse

You are not a candidate for nonsurgical rhinoplasty.  If you want to improve the appearance of your nose, then I would recommend to you that you see a plastic surgeon to discuss a surgical rhinoplasty with you.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

10861 Cherry Street
Los Alamitos, CA 90720

Rhinoplasty will help a long nose with polly beak deformity

You are wasting you time and money. If Radiesse is placed on your nose it will INCREASE the height of the nose which already in my opinion is too high.

From this lateral-oblique view, you appear to have
- a overly long nose
- a high dorsum, possibly with a hump (cannot see on this view)
- an amorphous bulbous nasal tip where the Right (lower lateral) tip cartilage appears to be protruding in front of the left
- plunging nasal tip which MAY plunge more with smiling
- probable showing of the fleshy center of the nose (Columellar show) from a side view.

You would get a MUCH NICER nose with a Rhinoplasty which includes a tip rhinoplasty (in which the tip was refined and elevated) to give you a "Supra tip Break" (the definition between the back of the nose and the tip), as well as LOWERING of the back (dorsum) of the nose and narrowing it with in-fracturing of the bones as well as reducing length and columellar show by removing 2-3 mm of the front portion of the cartilage septum.

Good Luck.

6401 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38119