Where Would I Find a Radical Cosmetic Surgeon?

where would i find a doctor who is much more radical than most.? i dont have wrinkles or much loose skin,but i would like a tight jawline/lower face,to give a slimmer look.....like i was looking about 10 years ago.! i also would prefer a local anesthetic rather than a GA. thankyou.

Why would you want a radical surgeon?

+5

Why would you want a radical surgeon? Somebody who will turn the laser extra high will have a high chance of producing burns, whiteness and scarring. Somebody who pulls very very tight will produce a bizarre, operated, result. A surgeon who is overly aggressive with liposuction will produce permanent, uncorrectable lumpiness.
Perhaps you mean the most aggressive safe treatment?

Your best bet is to consult with several board certified plastic surgeons in your area and decide on a plan from there. At that time you can discuss the local anesthetic option as well.

Facial Rejuvenation is Preferable to Radical Results

+2

Based on recent trends, patients want improvements in the way they look as opposed to transformations in their appearance (the "Cat Woman", etc.).  This is important to understand because the human brain is very good at picking out what looks normal, and what looks beyond the realm of normalcy.  In my experience, the overdone appearances of many celebrities are more transformed than rejuvenated.  The surgery performed was reaching beyond the boundaries of what is normally deemed facial rejuvenation.  Any Surgeon who deliberately attempts to accomplish a result which does not appear "normal" is consciously or unconsciously producing a "radical" result.  "Radical" results are almost universally viewed as bad results.  It is best to have realistic results and see a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon in your area with a good reputation.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Go for the Best Plastic Surgeon, Not the "Radical" One

+2

The word "radical" is concerning to me. What I would recommend is rather the most qualified plastic surgeon to guide you through the process of facial rejuvenation you are looking for to minimize the possibility of a complication. In turn, he will want to make sure you have reasonable and obtainable results. Sounds like you may be a candidate for a mini-facelift such as a MACS, LiteLift, QuickLift, or short scar face lift all of which can be done under local anesthesia.

This is how I would search for the most competent Plastic Surgeon:

• Verify Board Certification by American Board of Plastic Surgery (do this online)
• Member of American Society of Plastic Surgery (requirements beyond Board Certification)
• Member of American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (indicates extensive experience in aesthetic surgery - see below link)
• Look at online review sites - like RealSelf, Health Grades,RateMDs, Google, etc
• Look at Before and After photos
• What is my instinct or "gut reaction" as to who I relate to better, answers my questions more fully and who I basically trust the most.
• Finally ask yourself - if I was to have a complication, who would be the best to take care of me.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS