What's a Reasonable Quote for Liposuction of Arms?

I was quoted $4,000.00 for Liposuction for my upper arms. The procedure is done with small/thin tubes (I cannot remember if that was the word used). It is done in the office.
I was told it would take about 3 hours. I'm not huge by any means, just hit 50 and have flabby arms. I'm a runner and am in basically good health. Does that quote sound reasonable with the small amount of info I've given you?

Arm liposuction fee of $4000

+2

In our area, this is not an unusual price if that is all inclusive of surgeon's fees, operating room. anesthesia, and dressings as well as the post-operative care.

Arm liposuction costs

+1
A cost of $4000 for a thin person is reasonable when you count in the operating room fees and the fees for the staff and equipment.  To be quoted a three hour procedure sounds like there may be a fair amount of fat to be removed.  It sounds like a fair price with the information that you have provided.

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Liposuction of arms. Pricing.

+1

Often the amount of time spent in the O.R. determines the price.  This may translate into how many areas of liposuction you are doing, (time for each area to be completed).  Liposuction prices will vary from city to city and surgeon to surgeon.  There are many variables in price.  Often these variables are not in the control of the surgeon, (O.R. fee, anesthesia fee, supplies, etc).  Beware of bargain basement pricing.  Cheap can become expensive quickly.  Best to see a board certified plastic surgeon.  Together you should be able to find a plan that is safe and effective.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Cost of liposuction

+1

Cost of specific procedures can vary by geographic region, experience of the surgeon, amount of fat to be aspirated, ad the particular surgical venue. That being said, that would probably be considered an inexpensive price for arm liposuction in the Boston area. The most important thing is that you make sure that you are seeing a board certified plastic surgeon.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon