Since It is Quite New Treatment, It is Safe and Can Be Used for Face? Is It Better Than Ulthera? Or It is Too Early to Say?

Venus Freeze (a.k.a. Venus Legacy) for Facial Rejuvenation

Referred to now as Venus Legacy, this procedure is very safe and effective for lifting, tightening and smoothing away wrinkles on the face and neck. You should start seeing a difference after 3 treatments, but it will take approximately 6 treatments to see optimal results, which will include a significant softening of nasolabial folds and marionette lines around the nose and mouth area, as well as a tightening of the jawline, and a pronounced reduction in skin laxity under the chin and around the neck.

With regard to which treatment is best for you, Venus Legacy shows results more quickly than Ultherapy but requires multiple treatments, whereas Ultherapy calls for just one 90-mi8nute session. Ultherapy also lasts longer than Venus Legacy – up to two years. And finally, some patients find Ultherapy very uncomfortable. Whereas, Venus Legacy is very relaxing.

Is Venus Freeze safe for the face

I have had a Venus Freeze machine in my office (and actually now have 2) and have had them for about 18 months. My patients have been thrilled with the results, and we use it on the face/neck and various body parts. It is comfortable (100%!) and feels good. Personally, I have had the treatments done regularly and after 3 treatments I had patients asking me if I'd had a neck lift or some kind of surgical procedure done - nope! Just Venus! I don't have an Ulthera machine, and I know many people do like it, but for me, a treatment that actually feels great and works well (Venus has a 100% rate on RealSelf!) is worth it. I love it.

Ulthera seems to have much better results, but time will tell.

While Venus Freeze has good pictures, they may be due to lighting changes and different perspectives.  Having used the Ulthera machine for over a year now, I can say with confidence that it clearly has superior results to anything I have ever used before, especially for the neck and forehead.  

I haven't ever seen results like it can get and 90% of our patients are delighted.  While not everyone is a candidate for any procedure, the amount of positives with Ulthera seem pretty amazing!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologic Surgeon