I Have Quite Bad Wrinkling of the Decollatage Area and Am Unsure of the Most Effective Treaments?

Most Effective Treatments for Wrinkles

+1

Thank you for your question. Wrinkling of the décolletage area can be treated with laser resurfacing depending on your skin type. Avoid sun exposure to the area and wear daily SPF 30 with zinc. I would recommend being treated under the supervision of a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Wrinkling of the Décolletage Area Correction

+1

Although an exam would be important, and even a photo would help I can offer the following possibilities. In my experience either fractionated laser, or a TCA peel are very helpful but require pre and post operative skin topical treatments. Best suggestion is to see a qualified plastic surgeon or dermatologist who specializes in skin rejuvenation

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Laser, IPL

+1

Hi PeggySue, without a picture it's difficult to make a specific recommendation.  Fractionated laser would be the first thing that comes to my mind and that can be either ablative or non-ablative.  Wrinkling often goes along with other manifestations of photo-damage including redness, telangiectasia (visible small veins) and brown spots that can be very effectively treated with an IPL device.  Vertical wrinkling extending down between the breasts can often be nicely treated with Botox.  I'd suggest you see a board certified dermatologist familiar with all the various treatments to advise you specifically.

Peter J. Jenkin, MD, FAAD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon