What Type of Mini Lift is Safer and More Effective?

Quicklift or Lifestyle lift?

Two branded Mini Lifts

+5

You have chosen to compare two branded mini-lift procedures.

Mini-facelifts typically produce mini results with the incisions of a full facelift. They are marketed heavily with infomercials, beautiful before and after pictures. I have seen many branded minilift patients who had scars and results resembling nothing like the photographs on the advertisements.

The reviews on the procedure, particularly LSL, are scathing. Patients complain of fleeting results and bad scarring.

Why should the results of a minilift be so damaging?

During surgery, tissue is advanced after being undermined, or released from the deep tissues. It is then brought to a new position and secured with sutures. By the time the sutures dissolve, the tissues have stuck to their new position.

If a surgeon performs a minilift in an hour under local anesthesia, the claim of LSL, the amount of undermining is minimal. Therefore to receive any results at all, the incisions must be closed tighter, under greater tension. Greater tension causes incisions to spread, and the scars to be wide and unsightly. In an hour, a very experienced facelift surgeon is not done with their procedure, because the deep restructuring is not done. An experienced facelift surgeon will not stop at this point because he knows his patients will not be happy with wide scars and subpar results.

The LSL patients I have seen have had very bad scarring. Their deep tissues were not adjusted upward, and sat on the jowls just as they had before surgery.

My advice is to consult with board certified plastic surgeons on a proper facelift. Save up if you have to and have it done properly.

Board certified plastic surgeons don't have infomercials touting their procedures, so many patients will never read this post. Informed patients will be the only ones who get this far, unfortunately.

Facial Rejuvenation - No two surgeries are exactly alike

+4

Buyer beware: a number of ‘limited incision’ and ‘quick recovery’ facelift procedures are currently marketed to patients with names like “The Quicklift”, “The Lifestyle Lift”, “The Weekend Facelift”, “The S Lift”, “The MACS Lift”, etc. As with most things in life, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

In my opinion, the results of surgery are in direct proportion to the time and effort that the surgeon has put into the procedure. Most of the procedures I have listed above cut corners to arrive at a shorter surgical time and quicker recovery (which, by the way, isn’t always quicker), and most of them undertreat or do not at all improve the neck. Additionally, cutting corners in the neck almost always leads to distortion of the neck area skin, which often is quite readily apparent in ‘before and after’ images of these procedures with gimmicky names. Look for abnormal and unnatural-appearing skin tension lines in the lateral neck as well as below and behind the ears.

Surgical treatment of facial aging changes must be carefully individualized to match each patient's aesthetic needs and desires. No two 'facelifts', by necessity, are the same. In helping a patient to make decisions about plastic surgery for facial rejuvenation, I always examine and assess how each aesthetic area or 'unit' of the face contributes to an individual's overall appearance: the brows and eyelids, the cheeks or ' midface, the lower face and chin, and the neck. An individualized surgical plan is then developed which addresses each patient's specific concerns and needs.

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

For Mini Facelift Choose Surgeon not Brand Name Quicklift or Lifestyle Lift

+2

Your result and your safety will depend on the skill and expertise of your surgeon. No Brand name that is heavily marketed can assure you of the skill, experience, reputation and expertise of each surgeon.

You need to evaluate the surgeon not the name of the procedure.

I recommend that you see a surgeon who is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I recommend that you consult more than one doctor.

I recommend that you ask the doctor to speak to other patients that he/she has operated on.

Ask friends who have had Plastic Surgery about their experience with the doctor.

This is a very important decision. Rely on your gut feelings about the doctor and study his/her credentials.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/face-lift/

What is in a name

+2

Lifestyle lift and Quick Lift are marketing terms for different types of facelifts.  It is easy to be confused about what type of facelift is best for you, especially when there are many advertised on infomercials like a lifestyle lift.  These are basically mini-lift type procedures but they can vary between surgeons and locations. The fact that there are different types of facelifts offered should not be a deterent, I offer my patients different types of lifts so that they can receive a customized treatment plan. mini-lift, full facelift, a lift with or without laser resurfacing or blepharoplasty.  

What really counts is that your surgeon has the training, skills and aesthetic knowledge that provides you with what is the best procedure for you.  Not every patient is the same, so why should everyone have the exact same facelift.  Subtle variations can make all the difference in capturing an individual's natural beauty.

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Lifestyle Lift, QuickLift: Marketing Not Technique

+2

Lifestyle Lift, Quick Lift and many proprietary names for Facelift are for marketing purposes and do not describe a standardized or proprietary surgical technique.

The technique is surgeon-dependent, so ask your questions about expected results and recovery from the specific surgeon you are choosing.

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Not a fan of lifestyle lift or quick lift

+2

Wow, I have to admit I was surprised and pleased to see the other physician answers to this question. I agree that they are both poor choices, and all the marketing around these branded techniques are not produced locally. Nor are the results depicted. I have had to correct or revise more of these lifts than I would like to admit. Bad scars, limited to no results. Find a facelift physician that can offer you personal results from their practice, with full discussion of the results promised by facelifts vs limited facelifts.

Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelifts and safety

+2

A Quicklift and a Life style lift are marketing terms used to lure patients in for surgery.  Some are done by board certified plastic surgeons or facial plastic surgeons and some are not. They often do not do much and the results are not very long lasting.

What type of mini lift is safer?

+1
  The most important question here is the  quality of the surgeon performing the mini lift, not which procedure he or she is performing. Its extremely important to research your facelift surgeon, by looking at their before and after photographs, ratings and reviews,  board certifications, and testimonials. For many examples of facelifts in our practice, please see the link  below

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/facelift_photos.html

Choosing facelift options in Los Angeles

+1

Both are commercialized facelift options. I would offer a tailored mini neck and facelift that can address your key concerns.

One other option for a non surgical facelift is Ultherapy.

Web reference: http://www.surgery90210.com/cosmetic-dermatology/87/ultherapy.aspx

Safety is important but Corporate greed should also be of concern

+1

Large companies offering commercialized face lifts are certainly a mixed bag.

The safety of a specific procedure will depend on several factors:

1. Experience, training and skill of the surgeon

2. Your medical health and history

3. Type of anesthesia used

4. Unaccountable factors like infection, hematoma, sutures breaking

5. Ethics of the provider and their dedication to patient care above profit

End of the day, while safety in most face lifts and done by the right surgeons is quite high, there is reason for concern when dealing with large corporate groups that put their financial concerns above patient safety. Keep in mind that advertising on television and print can be very expensive. Add to this the overhead costs of running multiple offices with a large number of physicians and staff and this sets up a scenario where there is tremendous pressure to bring in lots of money to make up for these costs.  This also means that large volumes of patients are needed and the time for personalized care is simply not there.This can translate into less than appropriate face lifts being done for any and all patients and by any and all doctors.

So the procedures tend to be what they are but you need to make sure a corporate outfit treats you like a patient and not a customer - there is a big and important difference there.