Am I Qualified for Quick Lift?

I am 63 years old. I had Facelift 1996 at 50. I have false teeth and 2 stents in my heart. Do I qualify for a Quick lift?

Candidate for Quicklift, LiteLift™, Facelift

Candidate for Quicklift, LiteLift™, Facelift -

Your age is perfect for a second lift.

You will need a medical clearance and consider local or iv anesthesia.

Controlled Heart Disease Patients Usually Cleared for Mini Lifts

Quick Lifts, Lite Lifts, Life Style lifts, MAC lifts and others can be performed with oral sedation and local anesthesia so that your history of heart stents is OK as long as you have approval from your cardiologist. Many of these procedures are an excellent way to "freshen up" your prior facelift results.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Hi, there are so many different names that are more about marketing than descriptive of what the procedure actually does. I have performed facelifts for over 25 years and the presence of jowls remains the primary indication for some type of facelift procedure. The difference in the last 15 years is that I most often use a minimally invasive type of facelift that addresses the SMAS without threads or other suspension methods that simply do not work or last.

The underlying SMAS layer, of the face, must be dissected, lifted, trimmed and re-sutured. The excess skin is then removed and the facelift incisions closed.

My most popular facelift is the minimally invasive, short incision facelift that has all the benefits of more invasive facelifts (traditional, mid-face and subperiosteal facelifts) but with these added benefits:

• very small incisions
  • minimal tissue dissection = less bruising and swelling = rapid recovery
  • can be performed in 90 minutes or less, with or without general anesthesia
  • no incisions within the hair = no hair loss
  • excess fat can be removed
  • excess skin removed
  • cheeks, chin and jaw line can be augmented with dermal fillers (I prefer Perlane) or facial implants
  • most patients fly back home to parts all over the world in as little as 3 days post-op
When ever there is a significant medical history (like coronary artery stents), it makes more sense to me to have an effective short-incision facelift that can be done in just 90 minutes with or without anesthesia instead of a 6 hour general anesthetic for a traditional facelift. You would still need medical clearance from your cardiologist.  Hope this helps.

Medical clearance is needed

In view of your medical history, a medical clearance is needed prior to your procedure. You also need to be off anticoagulants prior to the procedure. Otherwise, a lift under local anesthesia is what you need.

Brian K. Machida, MD, FACS
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Quicklifts are possible in patients with stents

Your stents themselves do not preclude a Quicklift or other mini-facelift. As long as you have normal exercise tolerance, and can safely be off of all anticoagulants (including aspirin) for 2 weeks before and after surgery, you should be a safe candidate for surgery. 

If I were the performing surgeon, I would require a preop clearance from your cardiologist regarding the issues above.

Mike Nayak

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

The Mini Facelift

The Weekend Mini Facelift / Quicklift or any other mini lift is performed under local anesthesia. It is therefore quite safe in patients with a cardiac history.

Also, you mentioned that you have had a prior facelift. These Mini Facelift procedures are also an excellent option for a second facelift.

The picture you have submitted is blurry, so it is difficult to ascertain if the areas you are concerned with on your face will be adequately addressed by a mini facelift. The only way to accurately assess this is with an in-person consultation.

Finally, make sure you research your surgeon, as many are in the arena of performing minimally invasive facelifts with subpar results.

Sreekant Cherukuri, MD
Munster Facial Plastic Surgeon