Quick Healing And Then Sudden Regressing After Augment?

I received a mastoplexy/ augment (250cc saline mentor mod to high profile) 7 days ago. I had my PO yesterday and my PS said I am healing at "Rocket Speed". I'm 25, and very into fitness. We planned under the muscle but after surgery told me he did over the muscle and thought it was the best thing. I am not rail thin, I am lean but muscular. Anyway, I've had a super easy recovery until day 8 my breasts are engorged swollen and incredibly painful. Is this normal? I have not worked out yet.

Breast swelling post-op

+1

Probably best to go back and see your plastic surgeon. Significant changes are always concerning and should be evaluated in person.

Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation healing

+1

go see your plastic surgeon immediately. There may be no problem at all, but all concerns or changes should be reported to your plastic surgeon at once.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Sudden swelling after breast augmentation surgery

+1

Sudden swelling a week after breast surgery should be seen by your plastic surgeon. Though it could be nothing, it would be best to go back in for an exam.

Jason E. Leedy, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

You need to see your surgeon

+1

At this point, you need to call your surgeon's office and have him/her examine you. You have had a sudden change, and need to be assessed. This may be not big deal that will resolve, but could be something that needs immediate attention.

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

+1

Given the sudden change in your breast, you may want to notify your plastic surgeon to make sure things are OK.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon