Huge Protruding Lumps After Ab Liposuction

It has been six months since my ab liposuction and there are two huge hard lumps portruding in my abs. Around 5" by 3" each. One is at the center of my abs just below my cleavage area and the other one is at the center of the lower abdomen? I tried massaging it but it's not getting any softer and there is a mild pain in the area everytime I massage this. What could this be? And how can this be removed?

Swollen areas could be from several things....

+2

Without an exam and history it is very difficult to tell you what could be causing these large areas that remain tender.  Without more information they could easily represent:

1)  Areas of fat not treated

2)  Fluid collections or seromas

3)  Old blood that was not absorbed.

4)  Irregularities in your abdominal wall contour

I would suggest that the best thing to do is go see your surgeon and show him the areas so you can find out what they are.  Once you know what they are it will be easier to tell if they can be treated.

Good luck!

Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Localized hard lumps after abdominal liposuction

+1

Huge localized protruding lumps after abdominal liposuction are suspicious for hematoma or seroma. I would discuss with your surgeon for possble aspiration.

Unusual Results

+1

What you are describing is very unusual. Have your surgeon examine you for:

• possibility of fat necrosis (deteriorated scarred fat),
  • calcified hematoma (calcified, scarred blood collection),
  • undetected hernias.

Ivan Thomas, MD (retired)

Hard lumps after liposuction

+1

Have your surgeon evaluate why the lumps are hard and tender. Residual fat that needs more liposuction should be non-tender and soft. Make sure there is no resolving inflammation that needs to be addressed or a hematoma (blood collection) that is forming collagen as it heals, or other fat tissue chronic inflammation.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Huge Portruding Lumps After Ab Liposuction

+1

Get other in person opinions asap! You need a revision or drainage of these areas. A photo would be helpful. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl; J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Tender hard areas 6 months after Tummy Liposuction

+1

Regarding: "Huge Portruding Lumps After Ab Liposuction
It has been six months since my ab liposuction and there are two huge hard lumps portruding in my abs. Around 5" by 3" each. One is at the center of my abs just below my cleavage area and the other one is at the center of the lower abdomen? I tried massaging it but it's not getting any softer and there is a mild pain in the area everytime I massage this. What could this be? And how can this be removed
?"

Your surgeon's duties to you did not end at the completion of the surgery. You really should have him examine you and tell you what he thinks these lumps are and what his suggested course of action may be. By six months after liposuction much of the swelling should be gone. The persistent hard / painful masses may be patches of dead fat or fluid / blood collections. Your doctor should be to tell you or order a test which would help him tell you what this may be and how to best deal with it.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Post Lipo Lumps on Tummy Area...

+1

You should go back to your operating surgeon for an examination and an explanation.  Hard lumps that are painful should be checked out.  They may be areas of tissues that are still healing, fluid collections, fat necrosis, seromas, hematomas,  etc.  Doctors trying to answer your question without examining you are at a great disadvantage, and so you need to go back to your surgeon. 

Claudio DeLorenzi, MD

Lump after liposuction

+1

Without an exam it is hard to say what the lumps are.  They may be seromas or fat necrosis.  Check with your doctor.