Questions About Non-surgical Rhinoplasty (With Injectable Dermal Fillers)?

About a month ago, I had a revision Rhinoplasty which left me with prominent bridge, dent right below it on both side, and also another big dent on side of my left tip. I was wondering if I want to temporary camouflage it with dermal fillers like Juvederm or Radiesse, how long should I wait post operation? Also, I read that fillers are good for bridge of the nose, but injecting in tip area isn't recommended. Is it possible to have it done on tip if I find experienced doctor? Thank you!

Semipermanent Volumizing Fillers Work Well For Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty

+2

I have been performing nonsurgical rhinoplasty (nose jobs) for about a decade for treating all kinds of nasal irregularities--from bumps and humps, bulby or drooping tips, and dents of all kinds on the tip and sides of nose. I have also had occasion to use it to treat residual bumps and irregularities that have resulted from surgical rhinoplasty. As a rule, I use only semipermanent volumizing fillers, such as Radiesse, alone or in combination with either Juvederm UltraPlus XC or Perlane L. These agents are natural and safe and, in my esperience, yield durable results, while remaining subject to our natural metabolic processes.

Following a surgical rhinoplasty, it would be advisable to wait until all surgical trauma has healed and all postsurgical edema has resolved to prevent distortion of contours that may alter the treatment plan. Since the nose is not the place for novice injectors to gain their experience, it goes without saying that you must make sure to seek only an experienced injector who routinely treats noses.

A well-performed injectable filler treatment may be helpful for improvement of irregularities after Revisio Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

I read your concerns:

Without a photo, it's impossible to determine your candidacy for an injectable filler procedure following revision nose job surgery. My experience with Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty procedures is with Silikon-1000, an off-label injectable filler for permanent results. In my practice, tip and bridge irregularities may be addressed with Silikon-1000. I am not experienced with the use or advisability of temporary fillers for nasal aesthetic enhancement.

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon