What 3 Questions Should I Ask my Surgeon About Fraxel Laser Before I Decide on Treatment?

With all the technologies available, is Fraxel the best choice for my forehead scars and wrinkles?

3 Questions To Ask Your Surgeon About Fraxel Laser

+1

I think it is great that you are being proactive about finding your own answers. The three most important questions I would recommend asking is:

1. The credentials, background and experience of your practitioner. Does he or she have case studies and/or pictures of patients similar to you.

2. How the technology works to treat your forehead scars and wrinkles. Make sure you have a good sense of the logic behind the procedure.

3. How many treatments will be needed to get the results you want.

Redondo Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Good Questions Before Your Fraxel

+1

I purchased and have been using the Fraxel technology in my office since 2006. I have also been a consultant & teacher for Fraxel. The three most important questions are: Who is performing my treatment and what is his/her background & training? What is my pre-treatment preparation, including whether I am a good candidate for this treatment? What is my after-care regimen(What will I look like after and how do I care for myself)? In listening to patients who have not had a good experience with Fraxel, most of the discontent was the not knowing what to expect in the stages of healing.

I recommend a thorough discussion about pain control, before and after skin care, and what to expect both early on and later after the Fraxel treatment. A good study shows that Botox delivered before forehead scar treatment improves the results with Fraxel.

Edward Szachowicz, MD, PhD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do your research for Fraxel...

+1

I think the best question you could consider asking are:

Do you think Fraxel will improve my forehead scars?

If so, by how much?

How many treatments do you think I will need to achieve X% improvement?

What will be the downtime and the wound care that you recommend?

I think that will be a good start.

Daniel I. Wasserman, MD
Naples Dermatologic Surgeon