What Questions Should I Ask Before Getting Sculptra?

What are your views on Sculptra - is it a treatment you would recommend? I am fifty, ex model, who wants boost her looks again - I've been looking at Sculptra and been for a consultation. I'm told the effects last for up to 5 years (I've read up to 3) and side effects are minimal - small bumps which can be massaged out.

How do I get the facts in the UK? and what can I legally ask the consultant to give me, ie references etc.?

Questions to be asked before Sculptra Injection

+1
The most important question to be asked is what are your expectations from the injections? Sculptra is a water based injection and acts like a "liquid face lift".  If your goal is to replace lost volume than Sculptra is an excellent choice.  If you are concerned about the texture and wrinkles in your skin you may better off with Fraxel Laser and a hyaluronic acid filler like Restylane.  If it is volume and mid to lower face that you are looking to restore than Sculptra will be an excellent choice and ask how many sessions and vials you can expect to need.  

What questions to ask about Sculptra

+1

Sculptra is not an immediate wrinkle filler. It is a volumizer that acts as a seed. Once the mixture is injected, the liquid water and anesthetic solution eventually leave the Sculptra product in the host, and the body produces new collagen as a response to these deposits. It is not designed to be injected into superficial fine creases, nor the lips. When large volume replacement is needed, Sculptra can be more efficient than using many syringes of hyaluronic acids such as Juvederm or Restylane.

Ask where the physican plans to inject it and how bad the bruising can be and for how long it will take for the bruise to go away. When can you eat normally, have dental work and exercise after Sculptra treatment, and if you are restricted from flying for some time after the injections. Ask what kind of risks exist such as acute or delayed infections or immune reactions such as granulomas and how they can be treated.

It is a great treatment for many patients. Good luck.

Questions to ask before getting Sculptra

+1

For me, after using this stimulator product, I first would ask: 1. numbers of treatment sessions, 2. % of satisfied results, 3. cost per session, 4. any guarantees?

From MIAMI

Ask these questions

+1

1. How long have you been injecting Sculptra? 2. What dilution do you use (I recommend 6-8 cc to prevent nodules) 3. Do you inject deep to prevent nodules? 4. How much time do you allow for reconstitution of the product (I find 2 or more days also cuts down on nodules). I tell my patients it lasts around 2 years before the aging process requires a touch-up, but remember that it takes 2-4 sessions and at least 6 months to get the full, gradual, natural results people love.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Try finding a certified Sculptra Aesthetic injector through Sculptra's website

+1

In the U.S. only those trained and certified are sold Sculptra Aethetic. Sculptra's website will list those that are qualified and is the best place to begin.

They will have all the up-to-date material.

If you really like to read, you can ask for the "package insert" that comes with all products and gives the most up to date info.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra for an ex-model

+1

This is a great question. Many patients have a difficult time understanding the Sculptra concept and process. You have probably been informed as to how it works, so I will spare you that and refer you to my website or the Sculptra website for more details.

You must accept upfront that Sculptra treatments are a process. It will take you more than one treatment, and possibly even 4 or 5, depending on your aging process and response to the treatments, to reach your goal. The results are progressively subtle, which makes it a popular product.

Once your revolumization is completed you can expect the result to last up to two years. In the injectable filler world this is considered a long time. If you expect 3-5 years, you have been misinformed and will be disappointed. Any adverse side effects are indeed minimal and usually resolve over time. I don't know about the legalities of reference requests in the UK. Your doctor should be able to tell you whether references can be given or not. Good luck!

Web reference: http://francisnyplasticsurgery.com/video-sculptra.asp

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.