Questions About Crooked Nose/rhinoplasty? (photo)

So i'm thinking of getting rhinoplasty and thought of seeking some advice.As you can see my nose is crooked.So i just want to straighten it. I like how my nose looks from the left but hate how it looks from the right.I want the right side of my nose to look the way it does from the left.If that nakes any sense. Is that possible? Also there is a differece between both sides of my face.I think the main reason for this is my nose.will fixing nose make both sides of my face similar? Thank you:)

Questions About Crooked Nose/rhinoplasty?

+2

Best to in person evaluations from boarded surgeon so you can fully understand the process of nasal surgery. 

Crooked Nose and Rhinoplasty

+1

These issues you have can be corrected with rhinoplasty.  The bones can be manipulated and straightened.   Other irregularities can be reduced or camouflaged.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Crooked nose rhinoplasty

+1

There are facial and nasal asymmetries present. Osteotomies will need to be performed to straighten the nasal bones, and a single or double spreader graft be required on the patient's right side to improve the concavity in the right upper lateral cartilage. Any other dorsal irregularities could be shaved down. This can all be done through a closed rhinoplasty as an outpatient procedure. For a example is similar to your own please see our rhinoplasty photo gallery

Crooked Nose Repair and Rhinoplasty

+1

Emily, from the photos provided, I think you are a good candidate to have the nose straightened. Your two oblique angle views are quite different and mostly related to how the nose deviates off of the midline. This should improve following surgery. You will always have some degree of asymmetry from left to right. However, rhinoplasty surgery can often times be successful in making the nose much more symmetrical. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty from the Left and Right

+1

The two sides of your face and your nose are different.Rhinoplasty will change your nose but it will not make the two sides the same.Both your face and nose will still be different after a rhinoplasty. Rhinoplasty can straighten your nose.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Crooked nose rhinoplasty

+1

Dear Emily 9339,

• Rhinoplasty surgery can be used to straighten the nose and make it look more symmetric
  • Achieveing perfect symmetry is very difficult, and it can be improved where the symmetry is very close, within normal, natural looking limits
  • Everyone is different when comparing both sides of their faces and this is all part of our job as rhinoplasty surgeons to get as close to symmetry as possible

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD