Should I Bring Pictures of My Ideal Outcome to My Breast Implant Consultation Appointment?

Hello, I am meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon soon to see about getting breast implants. I was wondering what the appointment will consist of? Do I need to take pictures of my ideal outcome from the surgery, or will the doctor have pictures? Thank you for your time. -Roxi_007

Photos

+1

It is alwys helpful to the surgeon to know what you are thinking. Patients sometimes come in saying they want a full C then show me photos of women in magazines that are DD or larger  that they like.  It certainly is eye opening to say the least.

Pictures of other women for breast implant consultation

+1

I would generally agree with Dr. Rich's answer except that I don't find external "trying on" sizing at all helpful and is even misleading. I would not refuse to look at or discuss a patient's goal as expressed in a picture of someone else, but it's not really helpful just as consulting regarding a rhinoplasty is not aided by looking at someone elses' nose and result. A breast implant is just pillow volume and is going to take the look of a given breast and volume fill it out to look about 1 - 2 cup sizes larger. It is best to look at pictures of the patient's breasts taken from the front and sides together or to look at standard pre and post-op pictures of other patients to see what the effects of a properly done augmentation look like and the effects of going up 1, 1 1/2, or 2 cup sizes. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation consult: photos , implant size

+1

consults will vary but photos may be helpful to let the doctor know what you think is a good and realistic size and result.

remember it is a photo and your body may be very different.  

Bringing photos of the "ideal" look?

+1

Consultations with a plastic surgeon can be very different from surgeon to surgeon. Make sure you have your questions written down before your consultation. The plastic surgeon should go over the surgery in detail, including implant options and size options. Most plastic surgeons will let you "try on" implants. Bringing a picture of your desired outcome is always helpful, but most experienced surgeons should have before-and-after photographs for you to view, as well.

Web reference: http://www.femalebreastdoc.com/

Bringing Your PS Photos of Results You Want

+1

This can be tricky, but is a good idea as long as you keep a few things in mind.  The "after" photo is certainly useful in explaining to your surgeon what kind of result you want.

The "before" photo, though, in many ways is more important.  You should select an example that looks like you, because if this is not the case, then it may be difficult or impossible to get that "after" result in the photo you like so much.

Remember, a breast augmentation is just that...an enhanced version of your own breast.

Bringing pictures to an appointment?

+1

If you have an idea of what you like, then by all means, bring pictures.  These pictures will help communicate your surgical goals to your plastic surgeon, but can't really be used to predict or guarantee what your own results will be.  Similarly, during your consulatation, you will most likely have the opportunity to see a variety of pictures of the plastic surgeon's surgical results.  These pictures will give you an idea of what to expect and the results will vary depending on individual patient characteristics.

Good luck!

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Bring photos to breast implant consultation

+1

Anything you do that will help your surgeon understand your goals and desires is helpful.  This includes photographs of breast that you would like yours to look like.  While your plastic surgeon can not make you look exactly like that, it is one more tool to help open up communication so that there is no misunderstanding of what you want and what the surgeon can achieve.

Web reference: http://www.drhamawy.com/breast/augmentation-westchester-ny/

The more information the better

+1
Hello, Every plastic surgeon has his or her way of doing the consultation, but the more information you provide about what you like and don't like the better the discussion will be and the higher the likelihood that your goals will be communicated accurately. All the best, Dr Repta

Web reference: http://aaaplasticsurgery.com

Should I Bring Pics of My Ideal Outcome to My Breast Implant Consult Appt?Answer:

+1

Absolutely! It really does help let me know what you think is a good size for a woman and for you. I even like to see pictures of breasts you DON’T like! That also tells me something. I my practice I keep a few special edition magazines from Playboy (“Nudes” and “Lingerie”) and they have many more women than the standard monthly and in all sizes. A great reference tool! And on occasion I have had a patient drag in her girlfriend, point at her, and say “I want those”!!!

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Bringing pictures of expected outcome to breast aug consultation

+1

I personally encourage women to bring pictures of desired/ideal outcomes with all my procedures. This format opens the door for having a realistic discussion on what can and cannot be achieved. We are only human and cannot perform miracles. We base our outcomes on what you give us to work with. Having a clear picture of what is expected and what to expect is essential. Sincerely, Dr. H

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/Default.aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon