Is V Beam Recommended For Small Capillaries? What Are The Chances For Hyperpigmentation?

I'm considering having V Beam treatment on my face for some small capillaries on my chin, nose, moustache and cheek. I have mild rosacea and seb derm but have it under control for the most part. What are the chances of Hypo/Hyper pigmentation contrast if I do one spot at a time? What would be considered a low setting? Am I risking hair loss at a low setting on my beard/moustache? Any other side effects I need to be cautious of in terms of permanent, ongoing appearance? Thanks. OGrey

V-Beam treats superficial broken blood vessels and small capillaries

+1

V-Beam is highly effective for small capillaries.  There is no risk of permanent hair loss on your beard/moustache.  There is a small chance of hyper-pigmentation if your skin is tan.  That is why you should avoid doing this procedure if you are tan.  The V-Beam is a very safe laser but it is important to go to a dermatologist who is experienced with this procedure.

V-Beam effective for Capillaries

+1

The chances for dyspigmentation are very low if you have fair skin.  Darker skin types are more at risk for dyspigmentation complications, depending upon energies used.  Hyperpigmentation is usually reversible, however, hypopigmentation is usually not.  

We have not used the V-Beam laser for several or more years now, as I have switched over to IPL.  So, I cannot comment on laser settings, but they are variable depending upon the condition and skin type being treated.  

Yes, hair loss is a risk with many repeat treatments.  V-beam can cause dyspigmentation and / or rarely, scarring. 

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.