Is V Beam Recommended For Small Capillaries? What Are The Chances For Hyperpigmentation?

I'm considering having V Beam treatment on my face for some small capillaries on my chin, nose, moustache and cheek. I have mild rosacea and seb derm but have it under control for the most part. What are the chances of Hypo/Hyper pigmentation contrast if I do one spot at a time? What would be considered a low setting? Am I risking hair loss at a low setting on my beard/moustache? Any other side effects I need to be cautious of in terms of permanent, ongoing appearance? Thanks. OGrey

...depends on your skin type and settings.

+1
Most dermatologists who use v beam can accurately assess your skin type and dial in the settings for V Beam to ensure that your treatment is the safest possible. The darker your skin type the high the risk of PIH - darkening. Also it will give you a 'laser shave' but will NOT cause permanent hair loss as the laser only penetrates a few mm at most. 

You need to see an experienced dermo for this procedure. If you have a darker skin type, we add extra cooling, decrease the power or increase the pulse duration, we use the 755 Alex.

Hope that helps, regardsDr Davin Lim Consultant Laser and Cosmetic Dermatologist Brisbane, Australia

Brisbane Dermatologist

V-Beam treats superficial broken blood vessels and small capillaries

+1

V-Beam is highly effective for small capillaries.  There is no risk of permanent hair loss on your beard/moustache.  There is a small chance of hyper-pigmentation if your skin is tan.  That is why you should avoid doing this procedure if you are tan.  The V-Beam is a very safe laser but it is important to go to a dermatologist who is experienced with this procedure.

Michele S. Green, MD

V-Beam effective for Capillaries

+1

The chances for dyspigmentation are very low if you have fair skin.  Darker skin types are more at risk for dyspigmentation complications, depending upon energies used.  Hyperpigmentation is usually reversible, however, hypopigmentation is usually not.  

We have not used the V-Beam laser for several or more years now, as I have switched over to IPL.  So, I cannot comment on laser settings, but they are variable depending upon the condition and skin type being treated.  

Yes, hair loss is a risk with many repeat treatments.  V-beam can cause dyspigmentation and / or rarely, scarring. 

Robert Strimling, MD