Question About Touching Nose Post Rhinoplasty

i was touching my nose ( ive only done this like 5 times since my surgergy) and i accidentally pushed down a little hard on the tip and felt a minor sharp pain but it wasnt a hit it was a slight push, im 9 months post op will this ruin my results)

You will be fine

+1

9 months after surgery you are almost 100% healed so should be fine.  However, discuss any concerns with your surgeon.

Touched my nose that caused sharp pain 9 months after Rhinoplasty, di I ruin the results?

+1

It's very unlikely that at 9 months psot op, any manipulation or impact that otherwise wouldn't have fractured the cartilage or bone anyway, would have any effect on your Rhinoplasty.  Pain is typically an indication something was torn or broken and this would have happened whether or not you had a Rhinoplasty, this late post op.  You can always have your Rhinoplasty surgeon examine your nose which isn't a bad idea if nothing else...you'll feel more at ease.

Touching nose post op

+1

You are well out of the critical period for rhinoplasty recovery.  I would be surprised if you did any damage at this late date.  Donald R. Nunn  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Touching nose (even firmly) at 9 months post-op is NOT a problem!

+1

By 9 months post-op, nasal healing is complete and durable, and most of the scar softening and maturation, as well as sensory nerve regrowth, has occurred. We tell our patients that maximum softness and sensation may take as long as a year after surgery to be achieved, but you have no higher risk than anyone else that your nose may be broken or damaged by a force strong enough to cause injury. Even a firm tap on your nose may be painful, but will not undo your result.

Relax and keep using a sunscreen!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Post operative instructions for rhinoplasty

+1

Certainly speak with your plastic surgeon first. However I honestly think you are completely fine to pursue any level of activity at this point. I am confident you haven't altered the nasal anatomy after your rhinoplasty. Generally speaking, anything that doesn't create pain is actually fine during your recovery. Best Regards, Dr. Todd Hobgood

Todd Christopher Hobgood, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal care after rhinoplasty

+1

9 months after rhinoplasty is a good enough time for the nose to settle and reach the final strength, so I would not worry that you did something wrong to your nose by slightly pushing on the tip.  On a separate note, the general tone of your question somehow tells me that you are overly concerned and protective of your nose. While this may not necessarily be a bad thing, please don't make the well being of your nose the center of your existence.  Enjoy the results of your surgery and lead a normal life -- your nose should be pretty much healed by now.

Alexander Ovchinsky, MD

Touching nose post rhinoplasty

+1

9 months out, what you did should not affect at all the result. It is solid by this point. It probably would have hurt slightly even if you did not have a rhinoplasty.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon