Question About Touching Nose After Rhinoplasty

i underwent rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago and i was just shaving and i accidentally bumped the tip of my nose...will this affect the end result or am i being overly paranoid?

Bumping a nose after a rhinoplasty.

+1

This is a very often heard concern from patients after they have a rhinoplasty and you should rest assured that your nose will be fine. 

Minor bumps are no problem 2 weeks after rhinoplasty.

+1

Many patients voice similar concerns as yours after their rhinoplasty, but you should rest assured that minor bumps and pressures on your nose 2 weeks after surgery should do nothing to change the final outcome.  Before surgery, the tissues of the nose are resilient and flexible enough to be bent sharply out of position and they return to the original position without problems.  2 weeks after surgery, the tissues of your nose have healed enough to maintain their shape and position unless some significant force was placed on them.  As time goes on this will continue to get better.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Touching Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1
The operated nose is not made of thin crystal glass. If a gust of wind, sneezing or a gentle touch brought it down like a house of cards then no rhinoplasty could ever be done. I would not worry about it. If you think it was more than a light touch and are worried, see your plastic surgeon for assurance. Dr. Peter Aldea

Post-op rhinoplasty issues

+1

What can you do after rhinoplasty surgery?   If you accidentally bumped your nose lightly while shaving, I  doubt very much that you caused any problems with your nose.  However, falling on your nose that results in bleeding would be worrisome.

Anxiety After Rhinoplasy

+1

Dear patient from Canada,
Minor touching and light pressure two weeks after a rhinoplasty will not affect your rhinoplasty outcomes. What you’re describing is a very common anxiety spells among rhinoplasty patients.

Kevin Sadati, DO