Is 425cc Plus a Lift Right For Me??

I am 39 years old and 5ft 4in tall and weigh 115 lbs. I nursed two children which was completed by age 30. Are 425 cc saline implants placed under the muscle with a small lift a good size for me ?

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

You must select the size of your breast implants.

+1

You must select the size of your breast implants because you know what you expect from the procedure.  I never select the implant size for my patients -- I only recommend a range of sizes that would fit their body naturally.

You need to have  a consultation with a plastic surgeon to determine whether or not you need a lift.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Do Not Go By Implant Size Only

+1

Each implant looks different in each person depending on height, weight, chest wall dimensions. breast base width,etc. Your bets bet is to show your surgeon photos of other patients that are similar to your body build (who have had the surgery-these are available at multiple web sites) and when he/she is in surgery they can try to match your photos with intra-operative sizers. Remember,  it is how each implant looks in you, depending on all the factors mentioned above, that gives you your final look, not a specific implant size only.

Scott R. Brundage, M.D.
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

What's right for you

+1

The right size breast implant for any patient is determined by assessing the desire of the patient, through communication with your surgeon so both the patient and the surgeon understand the goals of the patient.

The surgeon needs to explain to the patient what is possible with surgery and how each woman's body is different and the size and shape of the breast will affect what size implant or implants will be reasonable and what sizes will be unreasonable.

Breast implants that are too large can cause problems the majority of which need additional surgery to correct which is certainly not something you want if you can avoid it. Whether or not you need a breastlift is something to be decided based on your examination.

Communication has to go both ways and you have to be willing to accept perhaps something different from what you have in mind if your surgeon tells you from experience what will work best in your case.  Don't be afraid to see several surgeons and choose the one with whom you are most comfortable.

Thank you for your question and good luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Implant volume

+1

Choosing the right implant really depends upon your anatomy and personal goals.  This is determined in consultation.  It is impossible to suggest what would be good for you without the above.

Breast Implant Size?

+1

What will work best for you will depend on your physical examination and specific goals.

Prior to proceeding with the surgery it will be very important to communicate your  goals with your surgeon.  In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.    I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

Is 425cc Right For Me?

+1

Without photos to review it is impossible for us to give you any information regarding breast implant size. Please submit  frontal and side view photos and we will be better able to assist you. Thanks

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon