Smoking After Rhinoplasty

i smoked a joint yesterday, ( i am 3 and a half months post op frm a rhinoplasty). it is the first time i have smoked , could i have caused any damage to my nose? ( i will refrain from re-doing it in the future)

Smoking after Rhinoplasty

+2

Smoking 3 1/2 months after surgery will not affect your rhinoplasty result. I'm not endorsing your smoking which can cause other problems. 

Smoking and Rhinoplasty

+2

Smoking after three months will not have an effect on your results however I am sure you are aware of the dangers of smoking.

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Smoking after rhinoplasty

+2

It is a good idea to refrain from smoking one month before and for six weeks after any type of surgery where skin is being undermined. The nicotine in cigarettes and this includes a joint which contains nicotine that will vasoconstrict the skin vessels and cause further blood flow compromise.

Laguna Beach Plastic Surgeon

Smoking after rhinoplasty

+2

There are few risks to smoking through or after a rhinoplasty procedure. Healing risks are common for procedures such as tummy tuck or facelift, but not with rhinoplasty. Cosmetic surgery is a convenient time to stop and invest in your health as you invest in your looks.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/rhinoplasty

Smoking after rhinoplasty

+2

Smoking 3 and 1/2 months after cosmetic  rhinoplasty does not affect the surgical result.

Smoking after rhinoplasty

+2
Smoking should not interfere with your rhinoplasty result . Smoking is not recommended for general health reasons.
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Smoking After Rhinoplasty

+1

While not advisable for its health risks, smoking 3 1/2 months after surgery should not have a significant adverse impact on the results of the rhinoplasty.

Smoking after rhinoplasty

+1

In the immediate post operative time frame smoking may adversely affect the healing process. However, at three and one half months  the majority of the healing has been accomplished so smoking will have a very little, if any effect.

Cigarettes or "other"?

+1

At 3 1/2 months you are unlikely to have any significant effects from smoking regarding your rhinoplasty.  Cigarettes restrict blood flow which can decrease healing and increase the risk of infection.  If you have had multiple rhinoplasties this might increase your risk to a significant degree but it doesn't sound like it.  Marijuana does not have the same effect as tobacco/nicotine with regards to blood flow so I think you are in the clear from a surgery standpoint, if I read this correctly.  I'll skip the illegal drug/cigarette smoking lecture, but you get the point...

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Smoking effects 3.5 months after a rhinoplasty?

+1

At 3 and a half months following your rhinoplasty, smoking is no longer an issue regarding untoward effects on the outcome. Of course, the smoking will adversely affect other areas as you already know!

Web reference: http://www.turkeltaub.com