Question about skin after tickle lipo

Hello. I got tickle lipo done yesterday in my upper and lower abdomen. Before the procedure I was told my skin was elastic. My skin is really kind of droopy right now and I was advised to wear the compression garment for 8 weeks (ugh). How long will it be before my skin starts to look "normal" in my abdomen area and not droopy? 

Laxity of Skin After Liposuction

+2

There are so many questions that need to be answered before any responder can have a truly accurate picture of your pre-op situation. 

1.  how many pregnancies have you had

2.  height and weight

3.  age

4.  photographs pre-op and post-op

Without these, unable to give a true picture, but I will share one good piece of information with you.  Skin continues to shrink up to one year after liposuction, therefore things will get better. 

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Tickle liposuction and skin elasticity and tone

+1

At just one day post your tickle liposuction procedure, it is still very early and the appearance of your skin and contour will change over the next 6 to 12 weeks.  Regardless of the type of liposuction - Tickle, Vaser, Smart, etc., the results will depend on the quality of your skin elasticity or tone that you had before the procedure.  Be sure to follow your surgeon's instructions regarding wearing compression garments, massage and skin moisturizers asa this will also affect the final result.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and skin laxity

+1

Skin laxity can become worse after liposuction. This really depends upon the amount of fat removed, the skin quality, genetics, etc..  As for the specific technique, I have not seen any papers that support that  the laser lipolysis skin produces any better skin retraction than other forms of liposuction.

Skin elasticity after liposuction

+1
I agree with Dr. Reed. If your skin wasn't as elastic as desirable, then liposuction could produce an unsatisfactory result with more sagging. It's impossible to comment with greater specificity without photos. One day postop, there should be swelling and not droopiness.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

The key to liposuction is skin elasticity

+1

I can't say without seeing a photo but I share your concern.  It might be that swelling is present but this shouldn't cause loose or lax skin.  I hope your elasticity was as good as they said because no liposuction technology can make it better.  If it wasn't great, you might not like the final result.  Keep close to your doctor and follow their instructions perfectly. Good luck.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS