Question on Rhinoplasty? Bump on Bridge, Extreme Projection, Asymmetry? (photo)

I'm getting a wide range of opinions which Is confusing. Please look at my pics. I understand you can not correctly evaluate without an in person consult but opinions are greatly appreciated:-) I have never cared about my prominent nose until I got older losing volume and weight and the dreaded gravity has changed my appearance. I have a flat bridge which creates a bump. I have extreme projection and I have slight asymmetry hence crooked and getting worse as I age. short philtrum as well.

Overly projected and downturned nose

+1

A rhinoplasty can address de-projecting the nose, elevating the tip, trimming the hanging columella, and releasing the depressor septae ligament, hump removal and osteotomies to address the bridge line. Virtual rhinoplasty software is available on our website to give you an idea of what your new nose might look like. Please see the link below for examples of noses similar to your own

Rhinoplasty

+1

I appreciate all your concerns. The bump can be taken down and the tip shortened to be more in proportion to your face. Best to be seen in person.

Rhinoplasty for over projected nose with asymmetry et cetera.

+1

Your nose is quite long, over projected, a small bump and bulbous tip. You need a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to correct your problems. Pick a surgeon according to his actual results by meeting with patients or at least seeing before-and-after photographs. Do not rely on imaging as this is not surgery.

You require expert tip work to make the changes you seek

+1

The flat bridge is wide, and width turns into a hump when seen on the three-quarter view, which is why your nose has such a big hump on that view. It's the width of your nasal bones that cause the flatness, so your nasal bones need to be narrowed significantly.
The tip of your nose is far down, making the nose look long, and it is also strong in its forward projection from your face. Check the web link for a morph of your face, showing what could be achieved in a rhinoplasty. You need a surgeon who can prove to you with his before and after photos that he is expert in shortening and deprojecting noses, because it is work on the tip that accomplishes those two changes, and tip work is the most demanding part of a rhinoplasty.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

+1

Generally speaking, hump reductions may be executed via "closed" rhinoplasty (i.e. all incisions within the nose).  However, given the tip concerns, an "open" rhinoplasty (i.e. the soft tissue envelope is elevated) is likely indicated. 

Select a surgeon who can show you multiple before and after photos of actual patients.

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Anand Shah MD

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Question on Rhinoplasty? Bump on Bridge, Extreme Projection, Asymmetry?

+1

If you would like the hump reduced and the tip elevated and deprojected, this can be done with a closed rhinoplasty.   Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Long Nose with Drooping Tip

+1

You have a mild hump, a long asymmetrical nose with a hanging, over projected tip.  Facial animation does accentuate the features you don't like but I need to see pictures where you're not smiling before i can make any recommendations. There are excellent techniques to correct your unwanted features.

Nasal reshaping

+1

The most dramatic changes would be to shorten the nose and correct the over projected tip.  Asymmetries and other more minor issues could be easily addressed

Perry J. Johnson, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon