Can I get Rhinoplasty with slightly more tip projection, and not have it change my physical appearance? (photos)

Im interested in a rhinoplasty, for a SLIGHTLY more tip projection. My nose is slightly flat from certain angles. Ide like to keep my nose shape the same way it is as much as possible, without making much physical appearance different. What are the chances of keeping my actual physical appearance with a nose-projecting procedure? How risky is the procedure? How long does it usually take for swelling to go down completely? Thanks all!

Asian Rhinoplasty for Tip Projection

+2
Thank you for the photos and the question. In short, yes, you can have a rhinoplasty for increasing the projection of the tip.  This is accomplished with modification of the existing tip cartilages (sutures, etc.) and generally with graft placement (from the septum or connective tissue from another part of the body).  The longer answer is that changing the tip projection affects the other parts of the nose both structurally and in terms of appearance.  The shape and height of the tip will change the way the rest of your nose looks -- and the key is maintain harmony between the different areas.  Please see my reviews on RealSelf for a patient of mine that had a similar procedure. Best of luck moving forward!

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Increase tip projection

+2
Increasing tip projection can be accomplished in a variety of ways, but with mixed results.  I would leave it alone, you look fine to me, and could end up with something that looks weird. Not worth it, in may humble opinion.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty for increased tip projection

+2
To increase the projection of the tip a combination of suture techniques to the lower lateral cartilages and cartilage grafting will be required. Full healing on the tip rhinoplasty with thick oily skin will take at least a year to see the final result. For many examples, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty  photo gallery

Increased Tip Projection

+2
Absolutely! Your procedure should be individualized. You can increase just the tip projection or make other minor changes depending on your goals. Risks are minimal if the work is done by an experienced rhinoplasty specialist. I need more pictures or examine your nose during consultation.  

Rhinoplasty and tip projection

+2
If you want more tip projection you will need either cartilage grafts or an implant. This will change your appearance.

Asian Rhinoplasty for more tip projection.

+2
You can have a rhinoplasty to increase your tip projection without greatly altering your appearance and having a more attractive nose. I need to see better photos of your nose. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural looking noses.

Asian rhinoplasty to increase tip projection and refinement

+1
Asian rhinoplasty can make both subtle and dramatic changes.  It's important to find an Asian rhinoplasty specialist with the skills and experience to achieve the results you are looking for, but also one that is able to see eye to eye with you regarding the aesthetic you are looking for.  

The tip of your nose can be slightly projected, but your physical appearance will also change slightly - for the better.  After the initial swelling resolves in 2-3 weeks, most people will not be able to point out that you had a rhinoplasty - just that something about you looks better.  Your nose will continue to heal, however, for up to a year.    

The main risk is the risk of dissatisfaction, and this is directly related to the surgeon you choose.  This is why it's important to do your homework, have in-person consultations with at least 3 Asian rhinoplasty specialists, and proceed only when you feel confident and comfortable.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD