Question About Rhinoplasty Results

Well its been 4 weeks since my rhinoplasty to straighten my nose from in front and make my profile straight also ( a 45 degree line). My nose is straight from in front but the profile view is rather strange,it starts off straight, then goes convex in the middle and then the tip is straight again. My surgeon is a really good one so i was wondering if this was just swelling and the middle vault will kind of "fill" in or if how the profile view looks now is pretty much the final result.

Question About Rhinoplasty Results

+1

Wait at least 6 months and reassess.  Keep your surgeon apprised of your concerns.  Remember, they're just as concerned about your outcome as you are.

Ramtin Kassir, MD

Rhinoplasty results take ! year.

+1

You need to wait 1 year before thinking of a revision since the nose will change over this time. Be patient and wait for the swelling to go down.

Rhinoplasty Results Take 6 to 12 Months for Evaluation

+1

Hi Anon,

Too early to tell.  It will be 6 to 12 months before your nose settles.  Be patient, there is nothing to do at this point but be patient.  I hope that you love your new nose in time.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Swelling after rhinoplasty causing nose look uneven

+1

Dear Rhinoplasty patient from Canada,
It is difficult to render a professional opinion without seeing your after pictures. If there is slight amount of swelling just above your nasal tip, making your nose uneven, it should resolve overtime. Your rhinoplasty surgeon is the one that can decide what treatment is required at this time.  In some cases Kenalog injection can help to reduce swelling. Good luck and good healing.

Kevin Sadati, DO

Rhinoplasty Results Take 6 Months

+1

I generally tell my patients that sometimes the hardest part of the procedure is the wait.  Normally, after 4 weeks, you should have a good idea of the general overall outcome but it is 6 months before the results are final.  I agree with discussing with your surgeon your concerns.  Although it is likely that they will recommend patience, occasionally, a small amount of steroid is injected to modify the healing process.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bridge not straight 1 month after surgery

+1

At only 4 weeks from surgery you still have a significant amount of healing/swelling. You should bring up your concerns with your surgeon. Having done your surgery and seeing your concerns in person would allow for a better assessment of what to expect down the road.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD