Question About Rhinoplasty Recovery Time?

Hello everyone. I am an 18 year old male college student and I am planning on getting rhinoplasty some time in the next year. I have been eager to have this done for a long time, and I wanted to have the surgery performed over winter break. Assuming that there are no complications, is the 3 week time frame of my winter break a sufficient amount of time to get the surgery, recover, go back to normal activity, and not look noticeably/abnormally swollen/bruised for school? Thanks!

Question about rhinoplasty recovery time?

+1

In general, the recovery following rhinoplasty is around 2 weeks. You will have a hard cast on your nose the first week followed by brown paper tape the second week. There will be bruising present that will improve after 2 weeks. You will still be swollen after 3 weeks, but this will continue to improve as you heal. In general, 70% of the swelling resolves after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. After 3 weeks, you will be ok to head back to school, but be sure to refrain from any intense physical activity for at least 4-5 weeks. Not doing so can increase swelling and delay your healing time. Your surgeon may have specific guidelines he or she would like you to follow during the recovery process. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

3 Weeks for Rhinoplasty Recovery

+1

Three weeks should be enough time for you to go back to school and resume non-strenuous activity. You may still have some bruising and swelling, but it is usually not too bad after 3 weeks. Just remember that full results of a rhinoplasty are not typically seen for up to a year after surgery, but the swelling that remains for this period of time is minimal.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Rhinoplasty recovery time

+1

We have many college students having rhinoplasty performed on winter break in our practice. Three  weeks is more than enough time to recuperate from a rhinoplasty surgery. Visible bruising and swelling is usually dissipated by 2 weeks after the procedure, but full healing takes approximately a year

Rhinoplasty and recovery

+1

3 weeks should be enough time in  most cases to get rid of the bruising and some swelling, but you will have persistent swelling especially in the tip for months.  Good luck.

+1

This is usually enough time. Most rhinoplasty swelling lasts somewhere between three weeks and three months but you will notice some residual swelling for even up to 12 months. The biggest issue with returning to school before three weeks would be bruising, redness of any external incisions and swelling. However, at three weeks most thinoplasty patients are looking good. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery after rhinoplasty

+1

Three weeks is plenty of time to recover as regards going back to school and feeling strong enough for the rigors of academia, but you will probably still be swollen and may have some lingering bruises.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Rhinoplasty Recovery

+1

In most circumstances, 3 weeks is plenty of recovery time after Rhinoplasty.  Although you will be aware of certain aspects of your healing and you will need to be careful about physical contact with your nose (especially if you have osetotomies performed), it would be highly unusual to appear post-surgical at 3 weeks.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Three weeks more than enough time to recover from rhinoplasty.

+1

Three weeks is more than enough time to recover from rhinoplasty and be able to resume college activities.

Question Rhinoplasty Recovery

+1

It takes weeks and months to heal from a Rhinoplasty, but allowing 3 weeks to recovery before going back to school, will work very well.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD