Left Eye Looks Different - Will Rhinoplasty Help?

hi, I need some questions answered before heading to surgeon .Since I have been considering rhinoplasty for my broken nose(deviated) ok so since my nose is a little twisted which I think has caused my left eye to look a little different in apperance than the right eye I see my left under eye skin is a little lower than the right eyes under skin .So the questions is will rhinoplasty recover withdrawn skin so the eye on the left looks a little fuller like the eye on the right.

Revision Rhinoplasty and eye surgery for broken eye sucket bone

+2

It is hard to come up with a precise and accurate diagnosis without examining you in person. Typically, the nose and eye can influence the appearance of each other. It is called illusion in rhinoplasty. If your orbital bone is broken it can be improved, but needs a separate incision.

Good Luck,

Dr. Sajjadian

Rhinoplasty tto Improve Eyelid Asymmetry

+1

If I was a betting man (I'm not), I would say you probably have two separate problems - a crooked nose and normal asymmetrical eyes. During examination by a plastic surgeon or facial plastic surgeon your question will be answered and appropriate alternative treatments discussed.

Traumatic Deviated Nose is UNLIKELY to have caused Eye Asymmetry

+1
Without an examination much less a simple photograph it is impossible to help you. As a rule, ALL of us have facial asymmetry. Our eyes are rarely identical. I seriously doubt that your nose deviation which resulted from a blow or fall on the nose also resulted in the differences in the eyelids. As a result, correcting thenose and straightening it is very unlikely to do anything for the eye asymmetry. Dr. Aldea

Possible broken eye socket

+1

From what you describe the injury that broke   your nose also might have injured your eye socket. Untreated it can cause a deformity. . If that is the case rhinoplasty alone will not fix the problem.

Zain Kadri, MD

Eyes and rhinoplasty

+1

It is tough to comment without photos., But, everyone has some asymmetry.  Under eye skin is unlikely to be affected by a rhinoplasty.

Nasal Aesthetics and How They Affect the Face

+1

As Dr. Blinski very succinctly put it, "No photo, no good advice".  Nevertheless, a twisted appearance of a nose has obvious effects on the balance, symmetry and aesthetics of the face.  A c-shaped curvature will make one eye appear closer to the nose (assuming this did not exist prior to your injury). If this is the case, a Rhinoplasty is likely to help your concerns. However, it is important to understand that virtually everyone has some degree of congenital side-to side asymmetries in their appearance; some of these aspects are correctable, some are not.  Looking at old photos with your Surgeon may be helpful.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for Eyelid Asymmetry Is A New One

+1

Anon,

It is impossible to tell without examining you how much your deviated nose is contributing to an eyelid asymmetry.  Facial asymmetries (one side being different than the other) are the norm and are naturally occuring.  The fact that you broke your nose may only be coincidental to a pre-existent natural asymmetry.  Alternatively, if more than your nose was broken, i.e. the eye socket bones were also broken, then your eye asymmetry may be completely due to the injury.  I would recommend consultation with an American Board of Plastic Surgery certified plastic surgeon to identify the cause of your asymmetry and formulate a plan for correction.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Eye position and rhinoplasty

+1

In general, unless a nose is extremely crooked, there is little relation to eye position. It may give the illusion of the eyes being different, but if they are truly different in the amount of skin seen, then that will unlikely to be any different after rhinoplasty. I would recommend seeing a rhinoplasty expert for an opinion where he or she can actually see your photos.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Left eye looks different

+1

No photo no good advice! Seek in person evaluations. There may be an optical impressions/illusions of the deviated nose appearing as if the orbit or eye looks different, but I can not expertly address this without an examination. Good Luck from MIAMI Dr. B

Post-trauma eyelid

+1

Your eye (or eyelid) shape is related to your trauma, not the nose itself.  Rhinoplasty will NOT address the eyelid problem.  That needs to be addressed separately.  Recommend a consultation with an eyelid specialist.

Dr T.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon