Question ref fillers for the 2nd time using restlyne. Will it work this time?

I had restlyne on Monday Feb, 17 done on both sides of my mouth. This is the second time. Last time it was done was a year prior. The left side didn't take again. What do I do?

Restylane around the Mouth

+1
Restylane is a great filler since it has the ability to fill many different areas.  However, if you feel it did not "fill" an area it sounds like you should return to your treating physician and have more filler injected.  There are some areas of the mouth like the oral commissures which can require a significant amount of filler to fully correct this area.  Please find a board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results.

Restylane for the sides of the mouth

+1
It is possible that you require more Restylane.  You should wait 2 weeks to see your final result and if you are still unhappy, please return to your injector for assessment.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Restylane did "not take"?

+1
You should see the effect of your filler right away. In fact, you might see more than the effect on first day or two as you may have swelling. If there is not enough change go back and tell your doctor

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Filler "take"?

+1
Filler injected are there until the product is absorbed. There is no need for "take." If you feel it was not enough, then perhaps you need more.

Restylane "didn't take?"

+1
If the product was injected at the correct depth, you should be able to see at least some improvement.  Have you discussed this with your injector?  Have you seen the before and after photos to compare?  The left side of the face, especially in south FL gets additional photodamage while driving, so is often more difficult to improve compared to the right side.  Also, if you sleep on your left side this will cause more wrinkling on that side.  Please make sure you are going to a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for your fillers.  Hope this helps!

Laura Skellchock, MD
Boca Raton Dermatologic Surgeon