Plastic Surgery After Weight Loss. I'm 40 Years Old, 5'5?

Will I be able to achieve a smooth flat stomach after a large weight loss w/plastic surgery? Will I need the Brava suction thing if my skin is already loose? if i want fat grafting to my breasts and/or butt, when should I have it done in my weightloss? Should I wait until I am within 10lbs of my goal weight? I was thinking of 125lbs as a goal weight but at 135 I may have that extra weight in loose skin. Suggestions? What is the lifespan of implants and what will happen when that lifespan is over?

Goal weight and plastic surgery

+2

I think you should reach your goal weight if that is achievable. AS for fat grafting vs implants for breast augmentation.  If you do not have enough fat, then you are not a candidate. Second I feel that implants are more reliable in terms of getting the volume that you may want.

Plastic Surgery Following Weight Loss

+1

First congratulations on your weight loss. I would definately suggest achieving your goal weight and maintaining that for a period of time prior to looking into any cosmetic aesthetic reconstruction surgery. Fat grafting to the breasts might not be a feasable option due to the fact that you might not have enough fat to harvest and it might require more than one procedure. Breast implants are a safe method to achieve added volume and I think you should look into this. Generally speaking, the implants are not meant to last a lifetime and therefore they will be replaced every 10-12 years. Most people get longer than that out of them, however, some patients might require a breast lift in conjunction with the augmentation. To address any excess skin in the abdomen there is a standard abdominoplasty procedure which addresses any excess skin along the anterior portior of your midsection, and a belt lipectomy or circumferential lower body lift which will address both the anterior and posterior areas of the trunk. Both of these surgical options should be explained to you in a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. The belt lipectomy is essentially three procedures in one: an abdominoplasty, lateral thigh lift, and buttock lift. Surgically it is a much more invasive procedure, however, some patients require this following a large weight loss.

I hope this helps you and good luck

Fadi Chahin MD, FACS

Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery

Diplomat, American Board of Surgery

Diplomat, American Board of Plastic Surgery

Fadi Chahin, MD, FACS