Is it Possible to Lower Nose Tip?

My nose tip moves up and down when I talk, which is really unattractive. I can pull my nose tip down when i pull my upper lip down, and that is the way I want my nose and upper lip to look like. Is it possible to make it stay that way?

You Can Easily Reduce the Undesirable Movement and Lower your Nasal Tip

+1

There is a very small muscle at the tip of your nose connected to the bone beneath the upper lip called the maxillary crest, which produces this movement of your nose. This hypermobility of the nasal tip can be very easily corrected by de-functioning this nasalis muscle through a very small incision inside the nose. This can be performed as part of a more extensive nasal surgery or maybe done alone to stop the movement of your nasal tip.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lowering the nose tip is possible

+1
Lowering the tip during rhinoplasty is one of the many alterations that may be made to the nose. There are several techniques to acquiring this result and are each dependent upon the patients specific anatomy. See a good experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for a consultation. I use a digital imaging computer during my rhinoplasty consultations and this is very helpful it enables the patient to see the proposed surgical result. Best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Lower nasal tip and StopTip Deformity with Talking

+1

The nasal tip may be lowered by diving the small nasal septal depressor muscle. Division of this muscle will stop movement of the nasal tip when you are taking.  The nasal tip may be further lowered by decreasing the height of the septum between the nasal tip cartilages.  

Washington Plastic Surgeon

Lowering nose tip is possible.

+1

It is possible to lower the nasal tip upon animation by dividing the depressor septi ligament.  There are a couple other maneuvers that can be performed to give another 2-3 mm of depression to the lower nasal tip, which may help as well.  The healing process should make the tip stay in that permanent lower position.

Web reference: http://seattlefacial.com

Lowering the Tip of the Nose

+1

The nose can lengthened causing the tip to angled down slightly by using cartilage grafts harvested from the septum.   See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon to analyze your nose and address any concerns you have about its appearance.

Web reference: http://www.drhamawy.com/face/rhinoplasty-westchester-ny/

Lowering the nasal tip

+1

It is possible to lenghten the nose and lower an upturned nasal tip, but this is one of the more difficult corrections with rhinoplasty.  Cartilage grafts are needed form the septum or elsewhere to achieve the results.  See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for an evaluation.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.