Question about nasal spray?

I have scar tissue on the side of my nose after rhinoplasty which the doctor says its a deviated septum. He prescribed me the fluticasone propionate nasal spray. Will this nasal spray diminish my scar tissue, is that what it's for? Or is it just going to help me breath temporarily?

Fluticasone Propionate

+1
Yes, there is a possibility that internal swelling is causing some of the airway obstruction. However if the obstruction is mechanical, a deviated septum or scar tissue, the intra-nasal steroid will probably not make much difference. It is worth a try. Nasal saline sprays may also help with your airway. Consult your surgeon and trust the advice or seek a second opinion.

Best wishes

West Orange Plastic Surgeon