Is 250 cc a suitable size for me? (photo)

I'm 34B bra size and my weight is 53 kg and my height is 164 centimeter. My wideth of chest is 51 centimeter and between my two tits are 19 centimeter and from my neck to one of my tit is 31 centimeter. I have lifting and implant,which my doctor has recommended me that on my frame 250 cc is good ,It means only one size bigger than that my present size. Please tell me,is this prothesis can be suitable for me and can it full my breast? And what is the normal length after lifting .

Lift necessary

+1
At size 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 250 cc implants would take you up 2 ½ cup sizes to approximately a D. However, more important than the implant is a lift. I recommend a new technique called The Ultimate Breast LiftTM. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed. The breasts are reshaped creating upper pole fullness, elevated higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. At the same time, implants can be added if necessary.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size and a lift

+1
Your photos makes it very apparent that you will need a lift if you use 250cc implants but I feel that you will need a lift no matter what size implant you choose.  It is important that you get the right size implant to match your body type and size so you don't look heavy or out of proportion.  Spend time with your surgeon on the size and volume you like and he can decide how much of a lift will be need. 

John D. Smoot, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift Needed With Larger Implants

+1
You are in need of a breast lift if you are getting implants. A 250cc implant is way too small for your breast and body size. It will not remotely fill out your breasts 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

A suitable size in cc's volume of implant

+1
Unfortunately, asking if 250 cc's is a suitable size for you is like asking if a size 6 dress is a suitable size for you. 
I would agree with the need for a true lift procedure and I would recommend considering the lift first as you will look bigger with your breast truly elevated just as an uplift bra does. It is also much more difficult to control all the factors and predict the outcome in a combined procedure of lift and augmentation. No significant volume is removed in a lift with a vertical (lollipop) incision and you look larger than a B cup in the photo but there is no exact measure of bra cup size. 
The answer to your question, though, is that the proper size implant for you depends on the internal width of your breast which determines the diameter and height of a round implant that will fit properly behind your breast and how much forward projection you want with a low, medium, or high profile (forward dimension) implant. If the implant is round and below the pectoralis muscle in the upper part of the breast, a low profile implant that fits your breast width at the base should make you look about one cup size larger (aside from the illusion effect of the lift). If this is satisfactory to you then the surgeon can look up the proper diameter of the implant that fits your breast in the round saline-filled or silicone gel-filled implant charts and look under the lowest forward profile. That will tell you how many cc's the implant will be that fits you and has the desired effect. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

A suitable size?

+1
Based on your input and limited photos, a breast lift in addition to implants would provide the best cosmetic result. Both saline and silicone gel implants can produce a pleasing result, but most patients prefer the feel of the silicone gel implant. Prices vary depending on the extent of the surgery, geographic location as well as the reputation and experience of the plastic surgeon.

As far as size, the best cosmetic result in any particular breast augmentation patient depends on a variety of factors, including: your individual anatomy, desired outcome, realistic expectations, a thorough discussion with the plastic surgeon about the options, and an understanding of the pros and cons of any particular implant choice. Proper sizing is not just about the number of cc’s. The thickness of your tissue, breast dimensions which include the width, height, and projection, as well as chest wall width all need to be considered when choosing an implant. Trying on implant “sizers” of various shapes and volumes while wearing a tight t-shirt, bra, or bathing sit at a preoperative visit will help you and your surgeon choose the optimal implant.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

+1
Thank you for the picture.

I believe that an anchor incision breast lift with an implant placement would be the ideal procedure to give you the most benefit. I suggest a 350-375 cc implant would make a great difference.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

250 cc breast implants are reasonable

+1
Thank you for your question and photograph.  It is very important to have trust in the board certified plastic surgeon you have chosen.

You have a lot of your own breast tissue which will be lifted and look more full during the breast lift.  Adding 250 cc to that amount will certainly give you significant enlargement.  I agree with others that you should see your plastic surgeon and tried different breast implant sizers in a bra to see how 250 cc and other sizes will look

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Breast augmentation

+1
It really comes down to what your goals are, you currently have alot of tissue to work with so he may be recommending smaller implants based on your goals.

As a general rule when my patients size their implants I like them to look at themselves with the actual implants in place in a testing bra. This is not a perfect teaching tool because implants can lose some projection particularly when placed under the muscle, but because we size with actual implants, to me it is the best teaching tool.

It is not uncommon in my own practice for patient to bring a friend or family member and a variety of different blouses and spend a good deal of time looking at the implants well before surgery.
So here's some basic thinking that may be of help to you:

When you look at implants on your frame don't just think about the size of the breast, but think about how it balances with the width of your shoulders as well as your hips. If an implant as to wide it will make you look top heavy, if an implant is too narrow it will look like a torpedo. In my own practice I try to focus on this relationship, and to me the width of the implant is almost more important than the volume itself.

Once you find the width of the implant that gives a nice overall balance with the hips then you can change the cup size by going high, moderate or low profile.
If you're agonizing between two sizes I generally recommend you go slightly larger, because it is very rare to hear patients say," I wish I had gone smaller".
Sometimes a patient who needs a breast lift is encouraged to go with a larger implant to to try and avoid the lift. I think that this is a mistake. I personally feel that it's better to get the size breast you want and let the lift happen if it's necessary.

Lastly, as a slender person it is always harder to have a more natural result. Patients with less breast tissue do not provide as much camouflage to help hide the implant. I always prefer a submuscular implant because it adds one more layer of tissue to help hide the implant from the outside world. In very slender patients I prefer silicone gel implants because they tend to look more natural as well. Even though you are slender, pick an implant that is wide enough to fill the chest appropriately. If you go too narrow, it can sometimes looked even less natural, smaller is not always more natural looking.

I hope these things that I've said are making sense, I hope I've been able to add some clarification in sizing for you. Best of luck with your upcoming surgery.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Is 250 cc a suitable size for me?

+1

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation/lifting surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.