I have a question about my belly button - How to get rid of lump at the top after pregnancy? (photo)

I had an innie before getting pregnant and like most people it popped out. But my son is almost two and even tho I've lost all my baby weight and I work out I still have this horrid lump at the top. I was wondering if it will ever go away and what I can do to get rid of it ?

Belly button makeover surgery in Los Angeles

+1
An examination will help determine if there is a hernia around your belly button. Repair includes umbilicoplasty and/or skin tightening. Our office specializes in belly button makeover surgery. 

Raffy Karamanoukian MD FACS

Umbo hernia

+1
Looks like you have an umbilical hernia which can develop after pregnancy and is easily repaired. Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Umbilical hernia after pregnancy is common

+1

Thank you for your picture and photograph. Congratulations on getting back into excellent shape after pregnancy.

I cannot tell without examining you in person, but from the photograph it appears you may have an umbilical hernia which is common after pregnancy.

The umbilical hernia can be repaired and this is usually done by a general surgeon.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

I have a question about my belly button?

+1

It looks like you have an umbilical hernia. An examination can confirm or deny that possibility. The treatment for this is hernia repair. Seeing a surgeon in consultation is the first step in having this gone.

All the best.