Implant Types and Expectations

My biggest concern is implant!I know that if I want to achieve the nose I want, I would need an implant, but I'm scared of placing foreign objects into my body,especially silicone after seeing horror stories! What variations of implants are there?I know there is types with cartilage but it cannot make up a whole implant, right? And also, after getting an implant, would I have to be careful forever? What happens if I nudge/pull/push up or to the side?

Nose implant

+1

There is no perfect implant material and that includes your own rib, ear and septal cartilage. If you are engaged in activities that might cause the nose to be struck (i.e. contact sports) your nose is at risk even without an implant. Don't have any type of rhinoplasty until you are at lower risk.

If I am to correct  a flat Asian or African nose, a preformed silastic implant is my choice. They are no more harmful to the body than breast implants, chin implants, dental implants or dental crowns and fillings.

Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial nasal implants

+1

Without a photo or face to face examination it is unclear why you think you need a nasal implant. The implants available are silicone, goretex, medpor and your own cartilage. Each material has its own pros and cons. There is no perfect facial implant. After realising what those are you can then decide which can best meet your needs.

Aaron Stone, MD