Can Bad Cartilage Graft Be Shaved or Removed?

My surgeon used my septum cartilage above my bump which gives it a look like my nose is coming straight out of my forhead,its to masculine looking. I want it back to exactly how it was before up there without it being any lower or higher, just to what i had.how do they do this?does he go in and shave that graft down or just remove it completely?will he see how much he added and what was originally or will he have to guess and how hard is this?

Removal or Shaving of Cartilage Graft

+1

Your nasal cartilage graft, placed above your hump, can be shaved or removed. You and your revision surgeon need to decide if something else should be done to achieve or maintain a good profile.

Bad cartilage graft at top of nose.

+1

The short answer is yes it can be removed or shave. However, I would have to see if you would need to have anything else done to compensate for this--file slight bump, etc.  See an experienced rhinoplasty revision surgeon for the best result.