Question About Fat Transfer to Buttocks?

4 weeks ago I had a fat transfer to buttocks... I originally had an athletic body and an even contour. I wasn't warned about possible irregularities or the surgeon going too far with lipo. My waist looks uneven and after surgery only one butt cheek was swollen and bruised. Currently, one cheek is fuller than the other and it is quite noticeable in clothing.

FAT TRANSFER TO BUTTOCKS

+1
It is unfortunate that you were not warned about the possible complications of liposuction and fat transfers.  However, 4 weeks is still too soon to be able to see your final result of the liposuction so the unevenness of your waistline may improve as the swelling resolves over the next few months.  In regards to your buttocks you should schedule some time with your plastic surgeon so that you can discuss your issues.  Without a physical exam it is difficult to help provide an answer to your question but if you are not happy with your result a fat transfer can be repeated if you have enough fat to liposuction elsewhere.  I recommend giving yourself and your body more time to recover.  After a few months if you are still not pleased with your result, discuss your revision options with your plastic surgeon.  Be sure to review your surgeon’s credentials and if he/she is not board certified in plastic surgery you may want to consider finding a new surgeon that is board certified.

Be well and good luck!

@norrisplastic

Post op swelling and uneven......

+1

Four weeks is still pretty early.  Hopefully it will continue to improve.  And, hopefully you chose a surgeon who has a good reputation and showed you lots of great results.  If so, hopefully yours will be too.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD