Is it possible for my surgeon to remove facial fat in the chin and cheek area?

Removal of Fat in Cheek and Chin Areas

+2

Fat can be removed from both the cheek and the chin areas.  Sometimes, liposuction or direct excision is needed depending upon specific locations and desires of patient.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction of the neck and cheeks

+1
Cervical / submandibular liposuction
Some individuals have 'sagging' necks primarily due to fat accumulation below the jawbone (mandible). In some cases, liposuction alone can significantly improve the neck appearance. Liposuction is also frequently combined with surgical neck rejuvenation, and in selected cases some direct excision of fat (through a hidden incision below the chin) is performed. The reduction of fat in the area below the jawline and in the anterior neck almost always makes the neck appear longer, and makes the patient's profile appear more elegant or refined.
Buccal fat pad removal is certainly not for everyone. A thin, drawn face can often make a person look older. Depending on your age and shape of your face the results could be wonderful or something you might regret.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Fat Removal from face - jowls, chin, and neck helpful for many

+1

Not only is it possible but it is very common to do liposuction for lower cheek (jowls), below the chin (submental  or upper neck) with great results. Although less popular cheek fat can even be removed from the cheeks from inside the mouth (buccal fat removal).

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Chin liposuction can be modified for the chin and cheek areas

+1

There are many options for chin and cheek fat removal. Buccal fat pad excision, jowl liposuction, and contouring of the chin and jawline with fat augmentation in the cheeks can acheive amazing results. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Removing fat from the chin and cheeks

+1

Absolutely. Submental/jowl liposuction is a great option for removing fat in the chin/neck area. This is a commonly performed procedure and can yield fantastic results when performed properly. I think you would be really happy with the outcome! To remove fat in the cheeks, general weight loss is the best first step. Depending on the individual circumstances of the patient, buccal fat removal is a great surgical option. With this procedure, fat pads are removed from the cheek. From here, I would recommend a consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. During a consult, he/she may discuss your goals with you and morph your photo using computer imaging software. This will help give you an idea of what to expect following surgery. I hope this helps, and best of luck!

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Removing facial fat in the chin and cheek area

+1

We do not recommend cheek fat removal since this will only accelerate the aging process.  It is possible to remove fat in the submental area underneath the chin.  Fat in the neck is unnecessary and can be removed with either simple liposuction or a neck lift.

Removing fat from cheeks and neck.

+1

Yes, it is possible to remove fat from the cheeks and neck via liposuction. The overlying skin must have enough elasticity that it will recoil and redrape otherwise the skin will sag and possibly look a little worse. A consultation with a qualified surgeon would help give you more definitive answers to your concerns.

Brian J. Lee, MD
Fort Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Fat removal in chin and cheek

+1

It is possible to surgically remove fat under the chin (in the upper neck) and the cheeks.  However, without seeing pictures of you it's impossible to know if you would be a good candidate for either procedure.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon