Question About Excess Scarring in Tip Post Rhinoplasty

i once picked in my nose with a metal eye plucker to pull somting out then i hit the nose wall really hard. it hurt alot for a few days but didnt bleed. ever since that nostril is a litle bigger and the tip on that side is more inflated leading to minimal assymetry. it has not gone down a month later and so i am assuming it might be permanent. is it possible for a correction surgery to be done on half a nose tip.

Nose asymmetric after hiting tip post Rhinoplasty

+1

IMHO both issues should be avoided in the immediate post Rhinoplasty stage.  Picking and pulling things, on the inside of the nose, can pull down tissues or rupture sutures placed in the cartilage during the Rhinoplasty.  Hitting the nose hard enough to cause pain could cause similar tearing of cartilage or disruption of sutures, holding cartilage together, as well as bleeding in the nasal tissue (not visible outside the nose).  The trauma could lead to changes in the shape of the tip and nose.  You should tell this to your Rhinoplasty surgeon, who knows what was done to your nose during your Rhinoplasty.  He/she's the best person to tell you if something was damaged.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

Scarring after rhinoplasty

+1

You may have removed a suture that possibly changed the shape of that nostril.  I would discuss this with your surgeon.  I would not recommend any revision until one year after the rhinoplasty, if it is needed.  Things may change significantly prior to that time.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.