Hi ! Question about chin implant / Sliding genioplasty? (photos)

I am unhappy with my profile. I am looking to get a rhinoplasty to have a more defined and slimmer nose and compact nostrils (alar base reduction). however i am also concerned with the lower third of my face. i was looking to get a chin implant but i am not sure if the shape of my chin would allow a good result with an implant. is the sliding genioplasty an answer? also, what is the recovery time associated with it? What i want exactly is a longer chin and not necessarily a more protruding one !

Will a chin implant help me?

+1
A chin implant is designed to enhance the projection of your chin. From the pictures that you have provided it appears that you have nice chin projection. Keep in mind that pictures aren't always accurate. I would consult with an experienced facial plastic surgeon to get all of your options.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1
The chin implant procedure is usually performed on patients who have a recessive chin  to increase the projection and width of the chin. A chin implant  only gives a slight lengthening to the chin. 

Hi ! Question about chin implant / Sliding genioplasty?

+1

Based upon ONLY the posted photos I think you may not be a candidate for any type of chin surgery..//

Osseous Genioplasty vs. Custom Chin Implant

+1
If vertical chin lengthening is what you desire, then the sliding genioplasty (not sliding but vertical lengthening) would be what you need. There are no stock preformed chin implants that simply lengthen the chin. Depending upon how far back from the chin you want it lengthened would determine whether a genioplasty or a custom chin/jawline implant would be best.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD