Question on Changing Between Lasers?

I am a 19 year old male and started laser hair removal on chest and abdomen a year ago. I started with the gentlelase alexandrite and did 4 satisfying sessions with it and my last session was at 12J settings. I wanted to know what 12J on the alexandrite gentlelase corresponds to on Lightsheer settings? I would like to know if switching to the diode laser, the Lightsheer Duet is a good idea for the following sessions?

Laser hair removal

+1

If you've had good success with alexandrite laser hair removal so far, there is no need to switch.  However, if you have not seen full results after completing the sessions, keep in mind that Lightsheer Duet is one of the gold standard lasers for hair removal in its efficacy and safety.  Patch test should be done before proceeding.

Toronto Dermatologist

Changing lasers

+1

If you have done well with the gentlelase laser, then there is really no reason to switch. That said, the lightsheer duet laser is terrific, hurts less and gives great results in all skin types. The setting is different for each laser system, so still worth doing a patch test before finishing your treatment sessions with the lightsheer duet laser.  Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

LightSheer DUET laser for hair removal

+1

If you are having good results with the GentleLASE there is no reason to switch.  The LightSheer DUET also gives excellent results.  Each laser can vary in strength so if you decide to switch, you would need a patch test to see which settings would be best for you.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist