Question about asymmetry POST-OP. And what to do to revise it? (photo)

My PS failed to mention that I was asymmetrical until my 25 day post op, when I asked him why my breast creases were uneven- causing my right breast to be fuller. I notice it EVERY single time I wear a U neck or V neck or Button up shirt because it veers to the right. (I am about 6 weeks now and it is becoming more and more evident) I can't wear swimwear or lingerie, without it looking very apparent. If my PS placed a larger implant on the left side would that fix the problem? Thank you!

Breast Augment

+2

I tell patients if you are asymmetric going in you are 100% going to be asymmetric coming out, we can do a number of things to try and improve your asymmetry but unfortunately you cant make it perfect. I think you have a nice result and revision will not make it perfect

Assymetry

+2

In your preoperative pictures, it appears that your right fold (crease) is higher than your left crease. Post operatively the assymetry is magnified with the implants.

Your surgeon may be able to lower the implant on the right or raise the fold on the left. Neither will be perfect but the asymetry will be less noticeable. A larger implant on the left side would correct the superior fullness but would make the right breast larger than the left breast.

Best wishes

West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry after breast surgery

+2

The commonest cause of asymmetry after breast implants, is asymmetry before implants, and that is clearly the case here. It is also common that the asymmetry is more noticeable on larger breasts.

Without an actual exam it is not really possible to offer definitive advice, but my guess would be that the best approach would be to raise the breast fold on the left side. A larger implant may make the upper poles more even, but would exaggerate the asymmetry elsewhere.

Best wishes, Dr G

Web reference: http://plasticsurgeryseattle.net/html/before_n_afters.php

BBA

+1
You were asymmetric pre-op.  This means that you will be asymmetric post-op.  Using a larger implant would not help.  Your results are exactly what would be expected and are very good.  If you seek a revision, you do so at your own risk…perfect is the enemy of good.

Web reference: http://www.drpirani.com/breast-enhancement-toronto/breast-augmentation/

Breast asymmetry is normal

+1
Nobody has perfectly symmetrical breasts, even though many women don't realize it.  I point out breast asymmetry to all my patients so that they understand where they are starting and what to expect after the surgery.  In your situation it looks like the implants have come down since the time of the surgery.  Downward massage on the right side may be beneficial.  If it is something that will continue to bother you, you always have the option of a revision to lower the breast fold on the right side.  However I would try to avoid that option until all other non-surgical options (massage massage massage) have failed to give you a satisfactory symmetry.  Also... remember that even the world's greatest plastic surgeon will not be able to give you perfect symmetry.... keep that in mind when you choose to have a revision and ask yourself... is that small asymmetry worth another surgery which will can make you a little better but not perfect

Web reference: http://torontosurgery.ca/Toronto-Breast-Augmentation-Enlargement.html

Question about asymmetry POST-OP. And what to do to revise it?

+1

Based on your photographs, you may benefit from a slightly larger implant and/or adjustment of the breast implant capsule. This procedure, capsulorraphy, will serve to raise the breast implant pocket on your chest wall and will likely improve your breast symmetry, when it comes to superior pole volume.   It may be, that with this breast implant capsule adjustment, that different size breast implants will not be necessary.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_revisionarybreastsurgery.htm