Cheapest and Best Way To Get Asian Eyelid Surgery?

I have been unhappy with my eyes for years and wanted to get eyelid surgery. The problem is I don't have the money to do so. I'm in such a bad situation I'm barely making enough to pay rent and utilities. My question is if there is any solution for someone in my position? Or should I attempt to do it myself?

Low Cost Asian Eyelid Surgery

+1
Most important - DO NOT TRY TO DO IT YOURSELF - ARE YOU CRAZY?
Consider going to a university medical center that trains residents - the ophthalmology or plastic surgery departments as often they discount for resident cases (supervised by attending surgeons)

Asian blepharoplasty, double eyelid surgery

+1

Please don't attempt to do it yourself.  You will be extremely unhappy.  I know this is not the answer you want to hear, but wait until you are financially more stable.  The cheapest way is usually not the best way, and especially when it comes to something as important as your eyes, you do not want to take chances.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Cheap surgery may mean risky surgery

+1

I am sorry to hear about your financial struggles.  The economy has affected many who wish to have cosmetic surgery with limited options. Financing surgery is a possibility for some who have good credit or has a co signer. Do not take the risk of an unqualified person without proper supervision as you will not receive the results you want.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Asian Eyelid Surgery Cost and Financing

+1

"Cheapest" and "best" unfortunately do not go together. Asian Eyelid Surgery is very complex and  requires knowledge so your results come out the way you want and that you also look natural. If having the money is an issue for the Asian Eyelid surgery price, you may want to reconsider having the surgery done now. I would also strongly advise against performing the surgery yourself. I recommend doing your research, finding a qualified eyelid surgeon who understands the anatomy of the Asian and eye, and inquire about financing options.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

The cheapest way to have Asian eyelid surgery is to avoid having it more than once.

+1

Sure, if you look hard, you probably can find a non-physician to thread your eyelid for less than $1000.  It is hard to recommend this.  We are talking about the most important structure of your face.  If you can't afford to have eyelid surgery, please don't have it now.  Pay rent, go to school and improve your lot in life.  When you are in a better financial place, find a highly qualified oculoplastic specialist surgeon to perform Asian eyelid surgery properly so you are not permanently damaged by having surgery at the hands of an unqualified individual.

Cheap and Best Way to Get Asian Eyelid Surgery?

+1

Based on your description, I would  respectfully suggest that you hold off on any type of elective surgery until you are at a better place financially.   It could be a mistake (at many levels) to undergo surgery when you are not financially stable. When the time is right, seek consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience with this type of surgery;  do not base your selection of plastic surgeon on  the “cheapest” criteria.