I hate my nose, would you recommend any changes for me? (photos)

I'm from Queensland. It's mainly the side view I hate, literally hate but no one else seems to notice. I have even been to doctors with money to afford a "nose-job" but they are seriously against the idea. I'm 6"3. I'm 20. Apologise for picture quality.

I hate my nose, would you recommend any changes for me?

+2
      Bridge refinement can be performed if that is what bothers you through a closed rhinoplasty approach.

+1
"I hate my nose" is a very strong term, and nonspecific.  From your photos, it is not possible to tell what exactly it is that you dislike.  However, in view of the fact that doctors have advised against a rhinoplasty, you may be blowing things out of proportion in your mind.  Focusing in this way on a deformity that is so minimal or nonexistent in the eyes of others can lead to major issues in the future.  You seem to be a handsome guy and you should train yourself to focus on your good looks for a while and not on your nose.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty candidate

+1
To improve the side profile, the dorsal hump is removed which is composed of both cartilage and bone. Once this has been performed, osteotomies of the nasal bones are required to close the open roof deformity.  This can be accomplished with closed rhinoplasty techniques. For many examples of noses similar to your own, please see the link below to our rhinoplasty photo gallery

+1
Yes, you are a candidate for a rhinoplasty surgery to refine your nose.  This can be achieved through a closed rhinoplasty with no incision on the outside of the nose.  You will most likely have a cast on your nose for a week following surgery.

I Hate My Nose

+1
If you dislike your nose consult with a rhinoplasty specialist to discuss the undesirable features and alternative treatments.

Rhinoplasty

+1
You have a mildly prominent bridge.  Your dislike of your profile photo accentuated by some fat under your chin.  A closed rhinoplasty would give subtle refinement to your nose and is not a bad idea.  Some lipo under the chin would enhance your profile.  Best wishes.

David Alessi, MD