What is the Best Way to Get Rid of Broken Capillaries on the Side of Your Nose? (photo)

I have really stubborn broken capillaries on both sides of my nose. I have gone to two different places to try to get them zapped by a laser. The first was a spa place (I don't know the type of laser they used). At first it seemed to have gone away but after 2 weeks or so, it came back. The second place was a dermatologist office chain. They used a laser called Vbeam. After 4 treatments, I still have these damn things. Can anyone tell me what treatment is the best way to get rid of these veins.

Nasal veins

+1

These are often the hardest facial vessels to treat and the most tender.  The V-Beam is an excellent laser.  You might just need more energy.  Cautery with a micro needle using a radiofrequency machine may also be helpful when the laser does not help much.

Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Spider Veins on the Nose

+1

I would suggest that you seek out a vein clinic in your area that offers facial vein treatments, as then you will be assured that a specific device designed strictly for facial veins is used.  It sounds like you have had generalized dermatologic lasers used.  When I perform these treatments, we use a technique called Ohmic Thermolysis, which delivers heat directly to the fine facial veins / "broken capillaries" / "telangiectasias" with a very focused "zap" of thermal energy to the vein wall.  The area is typically iced and then the device applied along the entire vein in a slow fashion.  It is very effective and typically does the job well.  The device goes by the name "Veinwave" or "Veingogh", depending on the specific brand of Ohmic Thermolysis device.  It was initially designed primarily for small spider vein / broken capillaries of the face, but now is also used on the legs / ankles/ and feet as well.

Austin General Surgeon

I use microneedle radio frequency.

+1

There are several options to treat these veins including IPL, laser, sclerotherapy,VeinWave, VeinGogh or microneedle radio frequency.  What is used is usually dependent on the training and experience of the treating physician.  I usually use microneedle radio frequency or occasionally sclerotherapy.

Naples General Surgeon

Nose veins-broken blood vessels-broken capillaries-laser

+1

You definitely are not alone in this problem.  It is a very common concern.

These veins are easily removed with the proper use of a laser.  I do them all the time in my medical office.  

If you look at my website you can see some examples of patients with the same problem I have helped.

I would recommend seeing a dermatologist in your area that specializes in cosmetic procedures.  They should be able to help you.

All the best.

Dr. Radin

Windsor, Ontario, Canada

Dermatologist

Windsor Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.