How much does the SASS underarm procedure usually cost?

I am have been thinking about getting treatment for hyperhydrosis, but I would rather have the SASS procedure than botox..

Permanent treatment of excessive under arm swating.

Removal of under arm sweat glands, also known a retro-dermal curettage is quite effective. Patients, typically get an 85 to 95 % improvement in sweating, it  is permanent  and long lasting.

The cost is equivalent to 4-5 Botox treatments with local anesthesia, expect to pay $800 to a $1000 more if you have anesthesia.

Yours,

Jon M. Grazer, MD, MPH, FACS

Sass procedure cost

The SASS procedure stands for small access sub dermal shaving.  Essentially the undersurface of the skin of the arm pit is shaved via a small incision to remove the sweat glands and hair follicles.  Doing so leads to permanent removal of the sweat glands and hair follicles for those who do not want to have sweaty arm pits or hairy arm pits.

The cost of the procedure will vary.  In our office it can be performed under local or IV sedation anesthesia.  The code will be about 3-5 thousand dollars based on the size of the area and anesthesia.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Please do press release when 'SASS' procedure gains FDA approval !

There are approved and time tested procedures for hyperhidrosis and "SASS' and "ASS" is not one of them.