What Are my Chances to Get a Worse Nose After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I mean I dont have any trouble with my nose from front, but I want to get rid of the hump from profile and get the nose up a little bit so it does not get to fall down at the tip .. but I dont want to mess the front view, are there chances I get worse at all ? I mean yes I understand it depends on who perform the operation I know .. and is rhinoplasty get to shorten the nose a little bit ? thx very much

Rhinoplasty for hump on bridge

+2

Removing the hump impacts the side view more than the front view. Most tip work impacts the front view more than the side view but changes in tip projection are more visible on a side view.

It sounds like you want a conservative rhinoplasty with only removal of the hump which is reasonable. The hump is sufficiently large that you will need osteotomies to close the open roof resulting from hump removal.

None of these maneuvers would be feminizing and the more conservative the surgery the less the chance of it looking worse after surgery..

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Safe and effective Male Rhinoplasty

+2

Thanks for sending in your photos they are very helpful. Your cosmetic goals are very reasonable. In men, conservative changes are paramount. A straight profile with a tip that is upturned slightly will shorten the appearance of your nose but still look strong. Avoid making drastic changes that will not suit your masculine features. These should not have a significant effect on your front views.       Bonne Chance.

Thomas Buonassisi, MD
Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for hump removal and dorsal profile improvement

+2

The hump removal is accomplished by shaving down both bone and cartilage, and osteotomies will then be performed to prevent an open roof deformity. Leaving a strong profile is usually what most men desire today. Releasing the depressor septi ligament will preventative from drooping upon animation. Please see the  link below to our rhinoplasty photo  gallery.

In skilled hands, the chances of a worse nose for you are very low.

+2

The changes that you want for your nose, removing the hump and raising the tip a small amount, are two of the most predictable changes to make in a rhinoplasty. Click on the "Web reference" link to see a morph of your nose, showing those changes. I happen to agree with your assessment of your nose: don't change the front, remove the hump, very conservative on raising the tip.

The rhinoplasty operation is still difficult, so you still need a skilled surgeon, and you have to review his before and after photos to get proof of his skill, but yours is not the kind of nose that should be left alone because of a high risk of problems. If you want those changes, it's reasonable to proceed.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

What Are my Chances to Get a Worse Nose After Rhinoplasty?

+1

Your tip can be elevated slightly, but I am not sure I would recommend that from the pictures alone.  The hump can be reduced and will improve the profile without changing the front to any great degree.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

What are the chances of the nose appearing worse after rhinoplasty?

+1

When considering rhinoplasty, it is best to do your homework and choose a board certified and experienced surgeon who has performed many procedures. This will help reduce the chances of any complications occurring and ensure you obtain a result you are happy with. When looking for a surgeon, consider the following: Credentials, experience, a great amount of before and after photos showcasing the surgeon's result, fantastic patient testimonials, and the surgeon's office. In general, it is possible to improve the profile without changing the appearance of the front of your nose. In some cases, osteotomies may need to be performed along with nasal hump removal to prevent an open roof deformity from occurring. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty can be tailored to the aesthetic needs of the patient.

+1

There are lots of ways to go with a rhinoplasty based on the photograph. Video imaging would be a good way of demonstrating what to anticipate after adjustment of one aesthetic feature.

Rhinoplasty risks

+1

I believe you are a good candidate for a rhinoplasty.  As with any procedures there are risks.  Choose a surgeon that has experience in rhinoplasty and look at his/her photos.  Hopefully they can morph your photos to give you an idea of the planned treatment.  Donald R. Nunn MD   Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Rhinoplasty for men

+1

The goal is take down the dorsal hump and raise the tip a bit. Initially you will have a lot of swelling but over time that swelling will go away.  You seem to be a good candidate.

Male rhinoplasty and possibility of getting a worse nose.

+1

Male rhinoplasty and possibility of getting a worse nose should be a very primary concern. One sees many bad nasal surgeries where the nose was overdone despite having had imaging to the contrary. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural noses and meet with his patients so you know what you were getting. You want the nose underdone and not overdone if there be a choice. You can have an excellent result if you choose well.