Can I Be A Candidate For Lipo???

I want lipo on the stubborn areas on my legs (saddlebags, knees, area above knees,calves) that I can't get rid of through exercise. I'm 25 yrs old, 5'2" and typically weigh:100-105 lbs. I exercice EVERY day, NEVER eat junk food or sweets, don't smoke... I haven't had a consult yet, but I worry that the surgeon would say I'm not a good candidate for lipo because I've suffered from anorexia because of my legs. I'm OK now but I can't accept this and am really constantly sad, can semeone help me???

Can I Be A Candidate For Lipo?

+1
Thank you for the question and pictures but it is difficult to give you accurate advice without assessing the quality of the skin elasticity over the areas of concern.   Generally speaking, the ideal patient for liposuction surgery is one who has achieved a long-term stable weight and presents with diet and exercise resistant adipose tissue of  specific areas, with good quality overlying skin elasticity. When the time is right, seek consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons who can provide you with good, specific, and ethical advice. Best wishes. 

Can I Be A Candidate For Lipo???

+1

I think that those areas may be amenable to liposuction, but an exam would be better to determine the appropriateness. Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction after anorexia

+1

Thank you for asking about liposuction for your legs, after having anorexia.

• Liposuction might help improve your leg contour,
  • You may be disappointed with liposuction if depending on how much the contours you wish to change are from muscle (calves) or hip bone. Only an exam will tell,
  • You will need support if you have surgery, ideally family and therapist.
  • See a plastic surgeon who is sympathetic - if s/he makes you feel bad, walk out and get a different liposuction consultation. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Thighs, knees and calves do great with liposuction.

+1

From the photos I think you can expect a noticeable improvement with liposuction of the thighs, knees and calves but be sure to go to a doc who does it under local tumescent anesthesia with the smaller micro canulas to get the best results and expect to pay roughly $6500 on special for quality work. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon