Quality Plastic Surgery in Central America?

I am a US Citizen but I live in Central America at the time, and I'm thinking of having some work done. I've lost 85 lbs and would like to get a Tummy tuck, and have my arms and thighs done as well. How can I find a doctor that I can trust to do quality work down here?

Quality Plastic Surgery in Central America

+1

There are excellent surgeons worldwide, and many have trained or even practiced here before going to Central America. The American Society of Plastic Surgery and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery may be able to provide some recommendations.

Ask your local doctor

+1

Although the US is a popular place for plastic surgery, there are many surgeons the world over who are as well trained and experienced in this field.

Another good source is to contact your primary physician or family doctor for a referral. If you have a long term relationship with a local MD you can rely on them to provide you will a good referral. At that point you need to schedule a consultation with that doctor. Bring a list of questions with you at the time of the consultation. Ask to speak to patients of the Doctor that have had the same procedure. It may be tempting to choose the first doctor that you see but I would suggest you take a time out and also see at least two other doctors for a different perspective. It may take a little bit of time to find 3 doctors in your area but the end results will be worth it.

Robert Vitolo, MD

Do Your Homework

+1

There are excellent plastic surgeons all over the world. Your best bet is to investigate through governmental agencies. You also need to network with the locals who get plastic surgery done and who can afford to get it done. Sounds like what we do in the united states also!

You can also call the American Society of Plastic Surgery and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and ask them for references in the countries you are considering.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon