Would I Qualify for a Tummy Tuck Right Now? (photo)

Hello everyone!! So here is my question, I am 28 years old, mommy of 2 and 2 c sections in 2 years in a row! (yes I have a 2 and a 3 year old) I am done done having babies, and now I am considering a tummy tuck... when my youngest was born I was at my heaviest 225 pounds, after a ton of efford I dropped to 168 (I am 174 currently) and I am confortable in this weight, I have never been smaller than 170 / 165, I am 5'5... here are my pics ANY HELP would be awesome! Thanks!!! <3

You look ready for your tummy tuck

+2

Thanks for the pictures and good job loosing the pregnancy weight. I think you are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.  I would reccomend you have some liposuction to the love handles at the same time to prevent dogears and improve your result.  You should select a ABPS board certified surgeon, good luck.

Tummy tuck candidate

+2

Congratulations on this weight loss as you look to have put yourself into a good position for a tummy tuck.  From the look of your photos, it appears that now would be fine but an in person exam would confirm that.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Very good candidate for a tummy tuck

+2

Thank you for your question and photos. You look like you have lost the majority of your excess abdominal weight and have loose skin from your pregnancies and weight loss. Based your photographs and the fact that you are finished having children, you appear to be a very good candidate for a tummy tuck. Make sure that you see a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Qualify for a Tummy Tuck Now?

+2

Based on the information you provided, it looks like you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck right now. You should see your local Board Certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck

+2

You appear to be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.  I would expect a terrific result that you will feel great with.  You will need some help with your kids for a couple of weeks but soon you will be back to normal.  Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Kyllo, MD

Tummy tuck needed

+2

You should get a great result from a full tummy tuck. Good photos. You have a nice shape underneath the extra skin and I would bet that that you have significant muscle looseness. Go for it.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Tummy Tuck Candidate ( 2 C-Sections 2 Years)?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

You should be congratulated on achieving your current abdominal appearance after having had 2 C-sections in 2 years!

I think you are an excellent candidate for tummy tuck surgery.  The tummy tuck procedure will serve to remove “excess” skin and adipose tissue and plicate (put back together) the abdominal wall muscles that spread with pregnancy.

The tummy tuck operation is a major operation;  a few words of advice may be helpful:

1. Make sure you are doing the procedure for the right reasons (for yourself)  and that you have realistic expectations.  Be aware that an improvement in the “problem area” may not translate to an overall improvement in your life   situation.  You are bound to be disappointed with results of the procedure if your motivation for doing the surgery is not internally driven.

2. Time your surgery carefully; generally, it is not a good idea to have surgery done during or immediately after a stressful period in life (for example divorce or death of a loved one). The additional stress of surgery will undoubtedly be  more challenging to deal with if a patient's emotional reserves our already exhausted. Remember, that an improvement in your physical appearance will not translate to an improvement in your life situation.

3. If possible speak to patients who have undergone similar procedures and query them about the toughest times of their recovery period. Any practical hints previous patients can provide may be very helpful.

4. Make sure you are aware of potential complications that may arise how to reach your surgeon if necessary.

5. Make sure you have a strong and patient support system (several people if possible) in place who have time/patience to take care of you. Arrange for professional nursing if any doubt exists regarding the availability and/or stamina  of your caretakers.

6. Be patient with the healing process, understanding that it will take several weeks to months to feel “normal” again. It may also take many months/year to see the end results of your surgery.

7. Be prepared to distract your mind with things of interest such as books, magazines, and movies.

8. Expect less of yourself; do not go back to work, school or chores too early and let others take care of you (for a change).

9. Pick your surgeon carefully (a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon) and trust in his/her advice. Keep in close communication with your surgeon and do not hesitate to communicate questions/concerns and the   emotional swings that you may experience.

10. Resume all medications that you were using preoperatively when cleared by your plastic surgeon and stop the use of narcotics and sedatives as soon as feasible after surgery.

11. Keep in mind the end results as you go through the tougher emotional times after your surgery.

Would I Qualify for a Tummy Tuck Right Now?

+2

From your questions and your photographs I think you are a GREAT candidate for Tummy Tuck surgery and should have a VERY nice result. It should be able to give you your Before Baby figure back only better.

Good Luck

Peter A Aldea, MD

Am I a Good Candidate for Tummy Tuck?

+1

Sounds like you would do really well with a full #tummy tuck. This procedure is performed under complete anesthesia and allows the surgeon to both tighten the skin and the muscles of the abdomen like an internal corset. In order to have the best results, it is recommended to wait until you have reached your dieting and weight loss goals. It sounds like you have, and I congratulate you for that!

It is very common for patients to have multiple procedures performed at the same time. This is determined based on the safety of the combined procedures and the overall health of the patient. For healthy patients, this allows for only one recovery period and saves money compared to two separate procedures. Ask about including #liposuction to the flanks at the same time.

To make the best and safest decision, schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who will sit with you and discuss a detailed plan for achieving optimal results. We have both a male and female surgeon at our practice and offer free consultations. Come to your consultation armed with questions and do your homework prior to seeing your surgeon. Good luck.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon