Would I qualify for revision rhinoplasty? Cartilage deformity at the tip? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty three years ago when I was 19. I feel that my nose has changed significantly since. The cartilage at the tip is very prominent and almost in a roundish shape. My profile is good but I feel my nose is rather long and pointy and i would like the width of the bridge to be narrower still. Middle picture was 6 months after rhinoplasty. Would a revision help to make my nose smaller and make the tip less obvious?! What would the procedure be like?

Would I qualify for revision rhinoplasty? Cartilage deformity at the tip?

+1

It would help to know the specific maneuvers performed in the first surgery with regard to the tip. I think the tip can be improved and deprojected. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tip plasty

+1

If the tip is a bit too pointy, the tip can be modified to soften it a bit. Best to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.

Revision Rhinoplasty

+1

I am sorry you are experiencing less than optimal rhinoplasty results. It is a little difficult to evaluate your nose from the pictures but based on what I see the nasal tip would be the chief area of concern. The cartilage that is present in the nasal tip is very prominent and unnatural in appearance. It is possible that what you are seeing is a tip graft. Without the previous operative report and not being able to see your nose in person as well as preoperative photos, my recommendations are given with some hesitation. I do believe this can be remedied with revision rhinoplasty surgery. Some of the grafting will need to be removed and possibly relocaton of the lateral crural cartilage of your nasal tip closer to the nostril rim will result in a much more natural result. Based on the height of your nasal bridge, the tip of the nose will also need to be shortened. Best of Luck.

George T. Moynihan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon